Worst blade ever - Tiger Platinum

I've never understood the logic behind bundling shite blades with a razor. It's like fitting crap tyres as OEM fitment to a new motorbike (not that I've ever had a brand new one but its well known that manufacturers get tyre companies to supply a load of tyres at a low cost and they're not the same as the retail ones of the same name).
I remember the heady days of the 70's and 80's when you would order a brand new bike and pay the dealer to swap the OEM Yokahama "Deathmasters" (as they were genuinely known) for some Dunlops or Metzlers before you picked up the bike. I did this several times.

Rock-hard Yokahama tyres were standard fit and truly lethal back then - you wouldn't dare take them out in the rain.

How times have changed. Yokahama now make well regarded performance tyres.

Back on track: i had a single Merkur blade bundled with a razor and as i recall it was fairly blunt feeling.

Elios
At a push I could get by with any of the DE blades I've ever sampled except these.
Rubbing my face with sandpaper and pulling the hair out with pliers would be smoother and more comfortable.
As mentioned, it is amazing how opinions on blades can be so divided.

AFAIK the Elios blade has been switched from being made in Germany to being made by the Lord factory in Egypt.

The new ones are most likely be very different to the old ones. I've read lots of people hating the German made Elios and Bolzano blades which were both intended for the Italian markets and both have been switched to Egyptian production.

AFAIK the Elios blade has been switched from being made in Germany to being made by the Lord factory in Egypt.

The new ones are most likely be very different to the old ones. I've read lots of people hating the German made Elios and Bolzano blades which were both intended for the Italian markets and both have been switched to Egyptian production.

It was the German blades I tried. They were offered very cheap as a bulk buy and I thought it was worth a punt.

The Bolzano's I have are also German and as you say, both boxes share identical address info and almost the same font printing.

I find the Bolzano’s are much better but I’m not too bothered about trying either of these in their Egyptian variants. I’ve got enough DE blades to last me till I drop and it’s unlikely I’ll be acquiring any more soon, except maybe the odd one-off pack of vintage Gillettes or Wilkinsons.

Shaverboy Super Stainless. Rough and dull. Could shave with them if none other were available.
Supermax Platinum Plus is an awful blade. Can't use them.
Tian Li Super Blue Blades are the worst blade I have ever tried. Strangely, Tian Li Super Stainless is actually a useable blade.

Shaverboy Super Stainless. Rough and dull. Could shave with them if none other were available.
Tian Li Super Blue Blades are the worst blade I have ever tried. Strangely, Tian Li Super Stainless is actually a useable blade.

Another vote for the Tian Li blade! Yes, the one I used was the Tian Li Super Blue and it was truly, truly horrible.

I rather enjoyed the ones you sent me: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/post-871363 ... maybe you sent me the good ones ... haha!

The older Vidyut/SuperMax Platinum is not a great blade to my face ... and I can shave with the right scrapers!

AL9nZEVQIgFAfvC-yrqaSRKPnE1_jix02IIS8hS34uMUcktRly50E7RQVbvxF2o2bBUY2Uo8FLlPLtJ0FlHHuduMyDOLmGFjI72s9B6IzwgBEgmqtxnHulOQAOg_UI5YU3QYhPF5gkF1Yblr7IzDZMYw3pHeXA=w300

Really that bad thanks for posting this I waw going to try as looking at non Russian alternatives but I have good experiences with Lord (formerly Wilkinson Sword Egypt I brlieve) and Treet. I might buy a five pack to see for myself as ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom