Worst DE Blades

Likewise, these things:

AP1GczMpVGzv80781E24I4i4mGWEcOkEAxszvpxVMz0UHUrgQi7_wVjoFawsp5IXCo9bxQACvt6CeSwy5DzeuMOGY2F3dkeK9ptJw3q7OgmUj6NeAO_p3jOvdlsl_0X0r3d0nVXwZfLi64UkYQrLia27v8pOZw=w800

Cloud are really bad, and I tried some blades called Admiral which were also terrible but I've not seen them anywhere except the one time on ebay I bought them (very cheap).

Topaz weren't bad shavers but I could barely get a full shave out of a blade. Sometimes I would use two in one shave to get a decent result.

I used some Tian Li blades and had the same experiences.

IMO, the worst Chinese made blades are worse than anything else I have tried by a million miles. I felt like I needed to have a tetanus shot after trying to shave with a Tian Li blade.
I have some Tian Li blades and they are wonderful. I bought them a while back, and then they were discontinued. Next, they were back on the market but were duds. I think somebody took advantage of the previously good name and sold crap.

for me, derby extra wren't sharp enough, shark SS were rough and only good for one shave but astra SP are the worst I've used so far. everything else has been alright or great.

Cloud are really bad, and I tried some blades called Admiral which were also terrible but I've not seen them anywhere except the one time on ebay I bought them (very cheap).

Topaz weren't bad shavers but I could barely get a full shave out of a blade. Sometimes I would use two in one shave to get a decent result.
Surely you don't mean the Bruce Lee cloud blades?

for me, derby extra wren't sharp enough, shark SS were rough and only good for one shave but astra SP are the worst I've used so far. everything else has been alright or great.
I have no special love of Astra, but I always thought of them as a yardstick. Some blades are not as good as Astra, but some are better.
If Astra are the worst you've tried then you haven't plumbed the depths yet. @pjgh and I could send you some stinkers to try.

No these are probably older. I had a couple a few years ago, I think from Ali express. Red and white pack design if I recall.

I also recall that Wilko, the recently deceased imitator of Woolworths, used to do Laser Platinums and they were pretty terrible.
For me, Laser were far better than Topaz, but I don't doubt that bad blades vary in quality. Both are actual blades though, whereas the worst wouldn't cut mustard.

Funnily enough Shark SS are my "go to" when I want a good, reliable shave. I get a week out of them..
I really like the shark platinum blades but the SS didn't work for me. I went through a whole 100 box of the half blades years ago but maybe the saloon blades aren't just the same as the DE, just pre snapped? I might try them again sometime.

Astra Superior Platinum rate pretty lowly in my rankings as well, but still a tad higher than the Superior Stainless counterpart which I find both dull and scratchy. The newer generation with the razor 5 & blade symbol on the packaging are perhaps a touch sharper, but still really not my kind of blade ... and a couple of days later, I'll know I had a really bad shave once the ingrowers show their rage.

Back
Top Bottom