Worst DE Blades

I might have a pack of blades dropped in lint for the last months before being packed and shipped to me, but Gillette Nacet are duller than the worst of uncles

Hi, I received these purple Made In England "Nacet' along with an eBay purchase. I used one blade and it was horrendous - tugging and not sharp. I don't want to use again. I think they could be fake as they look nothing like the other Nacet I have been trying (which are excellent). Has anyone else seen or used these purple ones?

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi, I received these purple Made In England "Nacet' along with an eBay purchase. I used one blade and it was horrendous - tugging and not sharp. I don't want to use again. I think they could be fake as they look nothing like the other Nacet I have been trying (which are excellent). Has anyone else seen or used these purple ones?
No, sorry. I have some I bought, and they are certainly sharp and give a shave; I won't be buying any more though. Just personal preference.

This is my Nacet, made in Russia. I didn't know any blades were made in England or Britain, not since Wilkinson.

Nacet.png

Those are vintage blades in the purple wrappers. They're probably carbon steel and will likely have lost whatever edge they did have long ago. Yes, I'd expect rough.

The ones in the greaseproof are completely different!

No, sorry. I have some I bought, and they are certainly sharp and give a shave; I won't be buying any more though. Just personal preference.

This is my Nacet, made in Russia. I didn't know any blades were made in England or Britain, not since Wilkinson.

View attachment 123994
thanks to everyone for the explanations. Yes these are definitely made in England according to the packaging. I will not use again!

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
For me the worst I’ve tried so far have been Derby Extra. The first DE blade I tried was a Wilkinson Sword classic and these have been my yardstick blade for years. I bought an Edwin Jagger DE89 - my second DE razor - and it came with a Derby Extra tuck. I had terrible ingrowns after using the first Derby blade. Went back to using my Wilkinson Sword classics - no issues.

I tried a Derby again about a year later. By this point I’d been DE shaving 1-2 years and had gone on to try Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless, Gillette 7 o’clock sharp edge, Treet platinum, Shark super stainless, Astra super platinum and the Personna blades Asda used to stock 10 years ago. Again, no issues with any of those other blades aside from some only lasted a few shaves.
Second time around the Derby resulted in razor bumps and one ingrown.

I tossed that tuck after that. Never again!

For me the worst I’ve tried so far have been Derby Extra. The first DE blade I tried was a Wilkinson Sword classic and these have been my yardstick blade for years. I bought an Edwin Jagger DE89 - my second DE razor - and it came with a Derby Extra tuck. I had terrible ingrowns after using the first Derby blade. Went back to using my Wilkinson Sword classics - no issues.

I tried a Derby again about a year later. By this point I’d been DE shaving 1-2 years and had gone on to try Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless, Gillette 7 o’clock sharp edge, Treet platinum, Shark super stainless, Astra super platinum and the Personna blades Asda used to stock 10 years ago. Again, no issues with any of those other blades aside from some only lasted a few shaves.

I don't like throwing blades away. They can be used for scraping seagull shit off the windows.
I've never had a problem with Derby blades, although I prefer Treet Platinum.

Derby Premium blades are superior and nothing like the extras, give them a try sometime.
I Had a 100 Derby extras in my first shave bundle and gave them away.

Back
Top Bottom