Yaqi Avanti. A Stainless Progress, finally....

With all due respect but, you answered your very own question. Choice or preference doesn’t need to be explained nor justified for you to understand or accept one’s reasoning for said purchase. It’s a hobby and opinions are varied from one extreme to the other. Most importantly, they’re all subjective with no wrong or right answer. I don’t question your position on your preference of aluminum over another alloy because in the greater scope of things, it’s irrelevant and honestly, it’s none of my business which just really means that I simply don’t care. No one deserves an explanation nor are they entitled to one. Personally, I’ll never question an individuals choice. It’s their right to do and go about as they please.

A good evening to you.

A good shave from the Avanti last night. I started on setting #3 but, about 3-4 strokes in I did feel that the Bic blade was beginning to lose its edge. I went up from there to setting #4 and eventually finished the shave at setting #5. I coaxed the blade right to the end and it delivered a near BBS finish though, I did give myself some skin disturbance as I buffed around the chin removing some stragglers. The heat gremlins hung for a bit but, were gone after a nice bracing splash and about 30 mins or so. I will say that the shave was still quite comfortable as the Avanti helped me in holding the blade rigidly and still giving a relatively smooth feel on both face & neck. Wasn’t a complete BBS but, it certainly was a DFS+ for sure, minus the heat.

Next on the shave menu will be a shave comparison. I’m looking forward to seeing the OG Progress show its pedigree against the Yaqi newcomer.

Great shaves to all…