Badgers Brushes...talk to me.

Ok so I've only got one brush at the moment, a Razorock Plissoft (24mm) with a Bruce handle.

I'd like to try a badger brush. I've been reading on here and on the web (including YouTube) but the more I read the more unsure I am of what I should get.

Here's some more information which might help with your responses.
I mainly bowl lather (with varying degrees of success).
With only trying the Razorock, it's hard to say what I'm looking for from a badger brush. The Razorock is soft enough but I would like maybe some more backbone and scrub.

Budget can be anything between £50-100.
I'm basically looking for guidance and how to narrow down my options.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

Ok so I've only got one brush at the moment, a Razorock Plissoft (24mm) with a Bruce handle.

I'd like to try a badger brush. I've been reading on here and on the web (including YouTube) but the more I read the more unsure I am of what I should get.

Here's some more information which might help with your responses.
I mainly bowl lather (with varying degrees of success).
With only trying the Razorock, it's hard to say what I'm looking for from a badger brush. The Razorock is soft enough but I would like maybe some more backbone and scrub.

Budget can be anything between £50-100.
I'm basically looking for guidance and how to narrow down my options.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
I can help with part of your question, with your budget and the requirement for some scrub I wouldn't recommend a silver tip, too expensive and quite soft. I would go for a best badger brush....cheaper with more scrub. As for the makes of brush I will leave that for someone with more experience than myself. Good luck in your quest!

I can help with part of your question, with your budget and the requirement for some scrub I wouldn't recommend a silver tip, too expensive and quite soft. I would go for a best badger brush....cheaper with more scrub. As for the makes of brush I will leave that for someone with more experience than myself. Good luck in your quest!
I can recommend Cadman brushes ,within your budget and he will talk you through what you are after, and you will be supporting a artisan brush maker, he is highly recommended .

Sorry, gremlins
Best badger would be an excellent choice. I have one & think it's excellent. Also, don't overlook the boar brushes, I own three & they're as good,
Sorry Rob, my internet connection did a weirdo on me. Don't think the boars are inferior to the badgers because they aren't. Just another option for you. The Semogues are nice brushes. Good luck!

Sorry, gremlins

Sorry Rob, my internet connection did a weirdo on me. Don't think the boars are inferior to the badgers because they aren't. Just another option for you. The Semogues are nice brushes. Good luck!

No worries. I've heard very good things about boar brushes. I'd just like to try a badger first.

Last edited:
Greetings

I also think that Colonel would be a very good choice, with bowl lathering it is IMHO important to have a brush with sufficient length of handle so that your fingers are not constantly bumping against the inside of the bowl, this is especially so if the bowl is a reasonably small diameter. Whether you choose the Colonel or not I personally would consider that length of handle the minimum for comfortable bowl lathering.

Regards
Dick

Yes, silvertip badgers are expensive, but there are plenty in your upper price range. www.executive-shaving.co.uk have a super badger brush with a largish handle and a 45mm loft that is excellent for soaps, creams and bowl lathering. It'll cost you £35 and if you communicate with Brian (owner), he will set you on the path to cost-effective and glorious wet shaving. If you go to their website and look at the executive shaving brushes, there's a video with Brian extolling the virtues of this brush.

Yes, silvertip badgers are expensive, but there are plenty in your upper price range. www.executive-shaving.co.uk have a super badger brush with a largish handle and a 45mm loft that is excellent for soaps, creams and bowl lathering. It'll cost you £35 and if you communicate with Brian (owner), he will set you on the path to cost-effective and glorious wet shaving. If you go to their website and look at the executive shaving brushes, there's a video with Brian extolling the virtues of this brush.

I watched that video last night. They look good.
So many options.

Back
Top Bottom