Diamonds Pro Excell Blades

These landed during the week whilst I was away with work. I will try them out over the weekend.

No clues at all regarding country of origin at all, just a distributor address in the UK. This suggests possibly of EU origin. Solingen maybe?

@Dr Terror - Can you PM me your details so I can get a tuck in the post early next week, @Bechet - I already have yours from the TOBS PIF

uploadfromtaptalk1444431956322.jpg

Thank you, Sean. Why not try one before posting? Your mention of Solingen has me trembling with fear!!
Fear not. I used one this morning and lived to tell the tale...

As a precaution in case I did have one of 'Solingen's not so finest' I kept things simple and effective. 2.5 passes with the BB at 7/5/5 and Haslinger soap which is a proven performer for me.

Whilst not quite premier league in terms of sharpness and smoothness, this blade for me had more than enough of both. Apart from a little bit of tugging near the folds of my mouth (common with a lot of blades for me), the whole shave was incident free and very pleasant. The end result when I had cleaned up was a very good solid DFS.

For me whilst there is still more to learn about this blade in terms of longevity and performance in other razors, it looks like its going to become a regular (which is fortunate as I'd forked out for 100).

As always YMMV, in particular with blades, but this one looks worth a try.

Last edited:
Today, I varied matters slightly:
  • Gillette Red Tip
  • De Vergulde Hand soap
Results were just as good. Now lets see how they last through the week...

Tried one this morning,in a vintage 7 O'clock 'NEW',and I was surprised at well it shaved TBH.I haven't felt up to shaving for a good few days,so had a good 4+ days of heavy growth,so after whipping up some Porasso white,got stuck in...
For me,these blades worked really well,did the whole face with one side,then for the next 'pass',if you can call it that,I used the fresh side,and 'buffed' away like a madman,cutting off non existent bugs from the jaw line down!.No problems what so ever.I had such a cool,irritation free,total BBS,I didn't even bother with any AS,just a cold water splash,and the job was done!.
Thank you kindly SeanC!.

@Dr Terror thank you for taking the time to test the blade and report back. Even if your findings had differed from my own, it's extremely useful to get further opinions due to the huge amount of variables potentially at play.

I'm now in the fourth day of a continuous test in my BB, varying software to include creams (including 'lesser' ones such as Boots Cool Cologne) and performance is still right up there. Dare I say it, but these blades remind me of Sputniks in terms of overall performance to date.

Last edited:
@Dr Terror thank you for taking the time to test the blade and report back. Even if your findings had differed from my own, it's extremely useful to get further opinions due to the huge amount of variables potentially at play.

I'm now in the fourth day of a continuous test in my BB, varying software to include creams (including 'lesser' ones such as Boots Cool Cologne' and performance is still right up there. Dare I say it, but these blades remind me of Sputniks in terms of overall performance to date.
I think I would agree with you there Sean,the Sputnik's and Voskhod's,are really my every day goto blades.cheap,cheerful,sharp,but extremely smooth,and work well in just about every razor I have tested them in,so to find out these Diamonds are pretty much the same was a nice surprise! (even though I only tried one in an yet untested 1930's - 40's,7 O'clock 'NEW' so far,I actually forgot I haven't shaved with it yet???).
I really did get an awesome shave though!,no exaggeration,I have been 'faceturbating' all day,and revelling in the close/smooth feeling...LOL!.And I didnt even bother with any AS!,just a squirt or 5 of Quorum EDT round the jowels after! (can still smell it now...Quorum...UMMMM!...LOL!),and 6 hours later,IM STILL AT IT!!!!.
I will be throwing a couple of small cream samplers (the only pots I got are small ones),and a hand full of blades into the Black-Jack (BJ...:rolleyes:) parcel,so,if you have any idea of blades you would like to try,let me know,cause I might have 'em!.If you dont,Im gonna send you some Murkurs.....LOL!

Last edited:
I think I would agree with you there Sean,the Sputnik's and Voskhod's,are really my every day goto blades.cheap,cheerful,sharp,but extremely smooth,and work well in just about every razor I have tested them in,so to find out these Diamonds are pretty much the same was a nice surprise! (even though I only tried one in an yet untested 1930's - 40's,7 O'clock 'NEW' so far,I actually forgot I haven't shaved with it yet???).
I really did get an awesome shave though!,no exaggeration,I have been 'faceturbating' all day,and revelling in the close/smooth feeling...LOL!.And I didnt even bother with any AS!,just a squirt or 5 of Quorum EDT round the jowels after! (can still smell it now...Quorum...UMMMM!...LOL!),and 6 hours later,IM STILL AT IT!!!!.
I will be throwing a couple of small cream samplers (the only pots I got are small ones),and a hand full of blades into the Black-Jack (BJ...:rolleyes:) parcel,so,if you have any idea of blades you would like to try,let me know,cause I might have 'em!.If you dont,Im gonna send you some Murkurs.....LOL!
Thanks for the offer @Dr Terror

Don't Royal Mail regulations expressly forbid the carriage of harmful items i.e. Merkur blades [emoji48]

Rather than tempt fate, I've worked my way through Personnas in various guises and all the standard Russian offerings apart from Perma-Sharps and 7 O'Clocks. So either of those or pretty much anything else non Russian will be new to me.

Back
Top Bottom