Gillette Goal blades?

Anyone ever come across these? I'm assuming (possibly wrongly) that they're crap, they're made in India rather than St Petersburg and I've not been a fan of the Indian Gillette green 7 o'clock. Maybe old stock? Phased out in favour of 7's?

Never heard of them so I'm just interested if anyone knows the background.

PS: I can't crib from B+B as their server is buggered. :p

I got two of these in a sampler from bestshave. I only tried one, and it was in a super speed. Bit more blunt than I was expecting, especially as they were a fair bit more expensive on others on bestshave. Maybe for the right person and/or right razor

"some of that package you are going to buy"

Ha, you judge me wrongly Mr 49er! Got thousands of 7 o'clocks to get through... if these were knocking about in singles I'd try one, but I'm not in the market to buy a load. (Unless someone really rates them).

especially as they were a fair bit more expensive on others on bestshave

That surprises me. I'm finding they're dirt cheap compared to other Gillettes, I'm gathering that they're the budget end of Gillette's range.

I might look for some in the Indian supermarkets near me. See if they do a pack of 5.

I PIffed away my surplus fairly recently (can't remember who the all went to off-hand), as I needed to add them to the collection, but didn't feel they could stay much longer in the 'rotation'.

I had no problem with them and they were sharp enough, but not the sharpest around.

I liked the fact that they had no hyperbole and just call themselves Stainless Steel - Not supers, not extras or pluses, not any of that, just stainless steel.

100 for £7.63 on Bestshave before delivery (£11.46 with delivery) or 300 for £33.41 with free delivery and the chance to pay duty and post office charge...

That isn't a bad price but the Gillette Wilkinsons are about the same elsewhere and better in my opinion. Maybe I'll try the other Goal blade in a different razor.

Well you'd not expect the best price for an Indian blade to be from a US-based vendor - simply because it's been bought in India (with a markup no doubt), shipped to the US, sold (with more markup) and shipped to the UK...

Goal is a Gillette "local" brand in South & South East Asia - the packaging has changed (they used to look very similar to the Thai Super Thin and were primarily sold in Indonesia & the Philippines if my hazy recollection is right)

Never seen these before. I'd be tempted to try them as I like the Indian Wilkinsons but no one seems to be singing their praises so far in this thread.

mmm.
OK. In the interests of shaving, I've sent off for some. I'll post when they arrive and (unless they're the best thing since Swedes) I'll PIF some of them....

First thoughts are they're not that bad. I put one in a futur yesterday and used it yesterday and today. I'll eventually get around to trying them in other razors but so far I'm quite happy with them.
Send me a PM if anyone wants to try them (I'm happy to post a few out)

You are right HM...I have about 400 of these bought in Indonesia. They are very difficult to find here now. In fact I only find them when I am out and about in remote areas with my pith hat and attire on :p

All in all they are not a bad blade IMO.

Back
Top Bottom