Gillette Goal blades?

kev... said:
jon_hall said:
Mine appear to be sitting at the postal delivery office. Seem to spend time there once a week these days...
I did warn you!! :icon_wink::icon_lol:

I'm expecting the blade pif to turn up, i think i'll be off to the delivery office again depending how big it is...:icon_razz:

Thread necromancy.

I bought 100 of the made in India Goal blade a few years ago after reading G.D. Carrington's blade reviews whereas he rated it as one of the best modern blades available. Of all the Gillette blades made in India it is my favorite, but now out of production. I mean this one:

http://webshop.total-shave.nl/Gillette-Goal-Blades

I just bought a few tucks of the Gillette Goal Super Platinum which are made in Shanghai. They are hard to find in the Western World. I will try to post a review here soon.

http://www.ecvv.com/product/4276438.html

Despite only having used this Indonesian Gillette Goal Super Platinum blade once I wanted to just share my initial reaction. The actual blade itself says New Improved Stainless on it. I am assuming these are made in China. Regardless, the first shave was stupendously fantastic!! I merely used run of the mill green Proraso cream and a Schick Krona razor. It shaved as if a top tier Gillette Russian blade!! No tugging whatsoever, just a joyous glide. Now, the big problem is finding a reliable and authentic source for a bulk buy IF these give at least a normal endurance of say 4 - 5 shaves. I'll update on endurance when the blade "dies".

Update: 4 perfect shaves using Krona & various Tech razors.

Last edited:
I have now finished seven perfect shaves with this blade, the Goal Super Platinum by Gillette!!!!! Color me impressed!! Today, to just prove to myself it was holding up I did an ATG pass on my cheeks, something I rarely do. No "chatter" at all. I have used a mixture of a Schick Krona, Gillette Techs & a Rocket "flare tip" in testing this blade. Even though I do a usual 1½ pass shave & a touch up, I have a tough beard that requires lots of thorough prep. That said, I will add that in the past I have never had any modern Gillette blade give me more than six good shaves before going teats up. That leads me to believe that either I've lucked out with this one particular blade or Gillette has really upped their game in Shanghai. :confused:

I have now finished seven perfect shaves with this blade, the Goal Super Platinum by Gillette!!!!! Color me impressed!! Today, to just prove to myself it was holding up I did an ATG pass on my cheeks, something I rarely do. No "chatter" at all. I have used a mixture of a Schick Krona, Gillette Techs & a Rocket "flare tip" in testing this blade. Even though I do a usual 1½ pass shave & a touch up, I have a tough beard that requires lots of thorough prep. That said, I will add that in the past I have never had any modern Gillette blade give me more than six good shaves before going teats up. That leads me to believe that either I've lucked out with this one particular blade or Gillette has really upped their game in Shanghai. :confused:

Just found some Indonesian Goal Super Platinums by way of Sri Lanka at a decent price on eBay. Ordered a 100 on the basis of nothing ventured, nothing gained.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131886601705

Just found some Indonesian Goal Super Platinums by way of Sri Lanka at a decent price on eBay. Ordered a 100 on the basis of nothing ventured, nothing gained.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131886601705

Yes, they have been on there for awhile & I even sent her a message to which she replied saying that she guaranteed they were not counterfeit. Of course, if I had a penny for every time a woman told me a lie.......:rolleyes: :D ;)

I hope they are bonafide for you as they are the best of the best!! ;)

Yes, they have been on there for awhile & I even sent her a message to which she replied saying that she guaranteed they were not counterfeit. Of course, if I had a penny for every time a woman told me a lie.......:rolleyes: :D ;)

I hope they are bonafide for you as they are the best of the best!! ;)

The blades arrived surprisingly quickly today at my work, although they were taped together inside the package which required a bit of untangling.

The packs complete with hologram and Vector cartridge advertising inside each wrapper certainly have an air of legitimacy and the mismatched wording is as described previously by @Bogeyman. I suppose the true test will come tomorrow when I shave with one...

fdb6379b61fcc6757e250cb645217513.jpg

As a note, I gave a couple of these blade to buddies to try. One only got four shaves and the other I haven't heard back yet. I hope they work for you as well as they did me.

Well SeanC, give us an update on these please.

Two shaves down:

Yesterday - Gillette Slim (5) - Edwin Jagger Menthol Soap - 2 passes, plus touch-ups
Today - Gillette Slim (5) - Cella - 2 passes, plus touch-ups

On both occasions a classic DFS, the blade being both sharp and smooth. Unless there is a significant drop-off in performance tomorrow, I will rate these blades as both genuine and effective

Two shaves down:

Yesterday - Gillette Slim (5) - Edwin Jagger Menthol Soap - 2 passes, plus touch-ups
Today - Gillette Slim (5) - Cella - 2 passes, plus touch-ups

On both occasions a classic DFS, the blade being both sharp and smooth. Unless there is a significant drop-off in performance tomorrow, I will rate these blades as both genuine and effective

Still going strong today :)
I think it's safe to conclude these are legit now

FWIW, today I used my singular Super Gillette Blue blade (Chinese) for the 4th shave. It's a good blade, but heavily counterfeited it appears. I would buy 100 for a good price if I had a guarantee of authenticity.

Day 5 - Gillette Slim (5) - Phoenix & Beau Solaris - 2 passes, plus touch-ups

The blade felt maybe a smidgen less sharp, but still a DFS. It has now been honourably retired, but I think I could have got another day or two at least from it

Thanks for pointing this one out @Bogeyman. These are definitely a keeper

Back
Top Bottom