The Razor Spa

Hi

I posted a 1965 Gillette Flare tip to this company on the 31st of July 2015, communication at the start was OK, I was advised that due to a busy schedule and a holiday that my razor was creeping to the front of the queue. I requested an update just before Christmas 2015 and now in February 2016, Simon no longer responds via Facebook or email requesting an update as to the progress of restoration.

I am now in a position whereby I feel that this razor will not be returned.

Flip

I am considering legal options regarding this, currently looking at small claims court would rather be out of pocket than allow this to happen without recourse.

He did a couple of the razors I have and his work really is outstanding. From the time we spent messaging, I came to really like the guy. I really miss his input to the forum.
No-one understands more than I, that life can get in the way of good intentions and I really hope that everything is alright in his world. As previously mentioned, he has other business interests but I concur that communication, no matter how little, is a common decency, especially when you have taken goods as part of a business arrangement.
It is however possible that something has gone seriously wrong and that there is genuine reason for his absence. I hope this is not the case though.
Perhaps a good old-fashioned letter may lead to a resolution. Surely there is someone on the forum that is close enough, and willing to make a face to face enquiry?

I did receive my last batch of 5 razors back from him, unfinished. It took a lot of effort to get him to send them back but in the end he did and he promised to send all other owners their razors back in the weeks after that. He did two other batches of razors for me in the past and his work was excellent. What a shame this has gone so wrong.

It really is a great shame that it's come to this as, from what I saw, his work was extremely good quality. I have no desire to knock anyone if they are down - but I've just checked the website and it still invites you to send razors in for repair. Knowing what we do, that seems a bit unfair to people.

I told him that but he still has his web site, etsy and ebay store running. It's only a matter of time before someone else takes action. I had some very difficult email conversations with him, he only answered a few times with the promise to send me back my razors (at my expense) that same day, he didn't. A normal letter didn't work either.

Then he got a email from a lawyer firm and I got a answer within a few minutes that he would make it right. This is a difficult matter because you have to be very careful with negative talk about a person on the internet. I hope he does the right thing and returns everyones property.

I do agree I hope all is well with Simon, with the positive reviews regarding his work is the reason I sent my razor in the first place.

My original post was just to highlight the issue that I was going through.

I am another one with razors and a case with Simon, as with a lot of people I hope all is ok with him and his family. But as he has had them since October 2015 a quick email would be nice and if his circumstances have changed then just return the razors as is ? I know he was there when they were delivered as signed for them !!
But I will be watching this thread to see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom