1912, 1914, 1924 this is getting complicated

I fell down the SE rabbit hole after enjoying the 1912 pass around. As suggested, bought a cheap Ever Ready 1912 from eBay and 100 blades from Connaughts. For weeks I have been reading these threads to learn about the history of SE razors. The combination of the different companies and the duplication of designs, I find a little confusing at times.

I managed to pick up a 1914 and gave it a good run out. Personally, not for me. I'm going to put it onto BST. The ER 1912 is my preferred razor. As with any aspect of our hobby, YMMV. I always try and experience different razors, and learn a little about their heritage. For anyone thinking about trying SE razors, as a newbie I can highly recommend the lending pool. As we speak there is a 1912, 1914 & 1924 available to trial. The 1912 has produced the closest shave I have experienced in my 3 years of wet shaving.

Richard.

DSC_0258_zpslxj23gvd.jpg

There are Two Versions..The one on the Right is Mine..That's the Early One..The One on the left is a Friends that I Bidded on for him because the Seller didn't post to the USA..I have never Shaved with the Newer Version & my friends One here is NOS..;)

Billy

I have Mine on EBay at the moment and its Flying High..The Danger with a Streamline is that it will probably put you off all the rest of you're Gem Blade SEs..Now this isn't Just me Talkin here as this is often expounded by their Owners time & time again..Its just that its the Rolls Royce of the Gem Blade SE World..The rest are Old Spanners by Comparison..:eek:

Anybody that says they Don't notice any difference with them is either Lying or they have never used One & they are still Lying or just down to the Fact that they have bought One that is a Junker & there are a Lot of Junkers about..There is No Bones about that..I don't give a Monkeys Darn what anybody says cause I Know & so Do a lot of others...This YMMV Crap just doesn't come into it..:D

Billy

Last edited:
I have Mine on EBay at the moment and its Flying High..The Danger with a Streamline is that it will probably put you off all the rest of you're Gem Blade SEs..Now this isn't Just me Talkin here as this is often expounded by their Owners time & time again..Its just that its the Rolls Royce of the Gem Blade SE World..The rest are Old Spanners by Comparison..:eek:

Anybody that says they Don't notice any difference with them is either Lying or they have never used One & they are still Lying or just down to the Fact that they have bought One that is a Junker & there are a Lot of Junkers about..There is No Bones about that..I don't give a Monkeys Darn what anybody says cause I Know & so Do a lot of others...This YMMV Crap just doesn't come into it..:D

Billy
It certainly is! Well done. That testimonial ought to be good for a couple more bids :D

I want a Streamline now!

I've got two, both of which came in pretty boxes, one of which boxes is even complete with what appears to be un unused strop. When I got that one both the seller and I were pretty sure it had never been used, can't say that now though. The Streamline is my daily go to and, daft or just plain undiscerning as I am, I couldn't claim it's dramatically better than my other SEs. Just a whole lot more elegant. For me there's a bit of the Emperor's clothes about its rep. And that's coming from a guy who bought two, just in case the first wasn't up to scratch. Of course, YMMV, oops, sorry Billy.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom