Closed 1914 AND 1924 SE Passaround

Its very quiet in here :) any updates ?
Well I have got through the rotation yesterday. The order was as I posted, with the STAR 1912 and then the featherweight to follow.

I'd been leaving 2 days between shaves hence the lack of updates!

Not much to report apart from the featherweight was the easiest shave but not the closest... I'll be trying the 24 and 14 again this week with a new blade and give them two shaves each. Will report back!

I think I prefer the featherweight myself to the other 3 - but I never seem to follow the general consensus on here.
I'm inclined to agree with you from the perspective that I could just pick the featherweight up, start shaving and get a decent result in three passes with a blade on its 4th outing.

That being said, it wasn't the closest shave, but there was no irritation. I'm still new to this game though so what do I know, other than my whiskers were rougher but there were no little red bumps on my neck and it was a very quick and easy shave!

So second shave with the 1914 with the same blade I started on... This is its 5th outing.

The first pass was not a particularly enjoyable experience, the blade or the razor did not seem comfortable with three days growth and felt quite tuggy. Not a smooth experience. Second pass was a lot better after enduring the first, smoother and not tugging. I called it a day after the second pass though as didn't want to really aggravate my skin. I might try a new blade with a shim tonight so there's only a days growth and the "correct" blade angle and see how I get on.

Third shave with the 1914 this morning, this time with a new blade and the @Fergiebilly shim.

A much more pleasant experience than the previous couple of shaves! Two passes on face and neck and an extra pass on my face.

The shave was smooth, I've got no irritation anywhere and there was very minimal tugging, even with three days growth. The new blade and the shim seemingly made a big difference to a razor I didn't think I could enjoy. I certainly enjoyed this morning

I don't know what it is with me and this razor. I had another shave today as I'm trying to shave more regularly now. Aiming for once every two days.

Just finished shaving and it's smooth on the face, but my neck is still relatively rough and it's quite red in patches.

In fairness I'm sure it's not the razor and it's probably me, but I just don't understand how my shave can be that different within two days of each other. Exactly the same prep and products. My lather wasn't as thick today as accidentally put too much water in, but that's the only change. Think I'm going to call it a day with the 14 to be honest. I might get the 24 a go with the shim next and see how I get on with that.

I've shaved with the 24 a couple more times since with the shim. Not sure what to say really, it doesn't seem to shave very close, but I again attribute that to technique. I'm happy to pass this on or back to Alan. Whatever is deemed best to do. Let me know :)

The YMMV is always a BIG part of this shaving milarky - the number of times I've bought a razor cos everyone is raving about it only to be disappointed at the result. One of my best shavers is a Vonel but shhhh don't tell this lot.

Back
Top Bottom