1928 Big Fellow Silver Re plate

I've recently had this 1928 Big Fellow re plated in silver.
The condition when I bought it was poor, down to brass with only 5% silver left on it and the case.
I've put a photo of before, on as well the newly silver plated razor.
Alpha Electro platers did the work for me, they're in my local town Sheffield UK.
I popped the lining of the case out before taking it in for the work to be done.
The work was done quickly, I took the set in on Monday morning and collected it Wednesday afternoon !

http://www.alphaelectroplaters.co.uk/

075125.jpg

074817.jpg

074904.jpg

074957.jpg

The lining is fastened to a frame or former. I just eased it out with a screwdriver carefully and it's just held in tightly that's all on this case.
I just de fluff with some masking tape folded into a sticky pad, nothing more.

That's excellent Brian -I've been looking for a known quality service since our usual man stopped taking orders. What's the best wasy to deal with them - i.e. if I just send something in the post with a return address is that OK?

Answered my own question - I found the contact button on their website.

UKRob said:
That's excellent Brian -I've been looking for a known quality service since our usual man stopped taking orders. What's the best wasy to deal with them - i.e. if I just send something in the post with a return address is that OK?

Give them a ring or send an email details on their website linked.
The boss man is called John Smith, he will sort the details out with you. Then post off the item to them.

Back
Top Bottom