1st soap wilkinson sword question

Hi so I bought my first soap last week and went for the blue tub of wilkinson sword soap, managing to get a lather although not as creamy as the online videos show and it seems to dry on my face quickly.

So question is should I keep using it till it's finished or bin it, I know it's a cheap one, I just got my razor and brush that day and picked the first one I seen or keep using it ?

Thanks

Robert

bin it now - not now but right now:)

however the bowl is very good. go to wilkinsons buy three sticks of palmolive

grate it and push into the great blue bowl making your own cake of soap.

wilky blue bowl soap is rubbish - it is not worth the effort using it as you will struggle to get a decent shave and may end up putting you off

It is probably the worst shaving soap ever created.

Seriously.

I think it also gives you cancer.

In the bin.

if the soap is drying on your face it could be that it's to dry or its has just been there for a long time, the first time i had a proper shave it took me 2-3 hours to get it right so stick with it get the best you can from the cheaper soaps then get something more expensive. i started with the wool fat and that gives a good shave but took a little longer to get the hang of

keep an eye out in the for sale section and some times people sell soaps and it's a good way to try soaps for a reasonable price and don't for get that some retailers and manufactures sell samples so get some of them, i keep meaning to get some wickham soap co sampels .

have a look in the vendors offer section and use the discounts we get in there

782sirbrian said:
To be fair the Wilkinson stick is supposed to be pretty good, on the opposite end of the scale from the bowl.
How can the same company produce two opposites eh :icon_question:

The stick is on a par with Palmolive and speick only 5x the price of palmolive

Hi Robert.

I've never used the WS soap myself, but that because it gets an almost universal panning by anybody that HAS used it that I steer well clear.

Go get yourself a Palmolive stick. Don't bother grating it, just using it as intended by gliding it over your wet face and then taking a brush to it and lathering on your face.

Ian

What's all this bin it talk? Close the lead on it, take it back, get your £ back, buy a Palmolove stick, don't pay more than 50p, wet you face and rub the stick all over your face, wet brush and lather up. Shave. Jobagoode'n.

I wish the supermarkets will stop stock this c#$@pp**p and import Monsavon, here ya go said'it.

I use the WS blue tub regularly and get a decent shave out of it. I've never quite understood why it gets the panning it gets.

I take a fairly wet brush, overload it, say 150 to 200 odd swirls (I did say i overload) and face lather with it and get a decent 3 pass shave out of it.

When you get it right it's a very decent slick lather.

If you take a wet brush and start loading you'll see the bubbly lather which is what I'm guessing most complain about but continue loading and you'll notice the bubbles disappear and the lather get thicker by around 200 swirls - about a minute and a half - there's plenty of thick proto lather on the brush and then face lather with it.

I've been doing this for years and even though I've now got over 30 odd soaps I still use the WS soap quite regularly.

As a nooby that started with WS Blue I would say bin it. Every soap since that has been better.

If you want to test the water buy a Palmolive stick it's available almost everywhere and is far superior.

Pm me your address and I will bring you an Arko stick back from Turkey and gift it to you. Lovely stuff!.........incoming ridicule?
It splits people, love it or hate it for the scent (I love it) but no denying it's a cracking latherer and cheap as chips

Robti

The cheap but useless Wilkinson Sword Soap is a right of passage, the only way is up, just chuck it.

Palmolive Cream in a tube works well and costs little. Taylor of Old Bond Street Cream is good at £8.95 and about a 1,000 times better. A tub should last 4-6 months.

Back
Top Bottom