3 Conway Stewarts needing renovated

Hi folks.

looking for a bit info on someone to refurb some pens.

I've been given my father and mothers Conway Stewart pens.

Thers's a No 100, a No 75 and a No 84.

The 100 has a crackling noise when trying to fill and I think the ink sac is gone. the other 2 seem jambed so I presume they will be needing the same.

Not sure I can afford to get all 3 done, so is there one that's more desirable than the others?

thanks very much.

Wha burst the ba said:
Hi folks.

looking for a bit info on someone to refurb some pens.

I've been given my father and mothers Conway Stewart pens.

Thers's a No 100, a No 75 and a No 84.

The 100 has a crackling noise when trying to fill and I think the ink sac is gone. the other 2 seem jambed so I presume they will be needing the same.

Not sure I can afford to get all 3 done, so is there one that's more desirable than the others?

thanks very much.

Derrick Purser of classic pen engineering, would be able to sort your pen(s) out and bring them back to life, nice guy to deal with too. I have been up to Derrick's workshop a few times over the year's too, a fountain pen collectors paradise ! Just google classic pen engineering.

AFAIK, whereas Parker was using synthetic rubber for their ink sacs, making them more perish-resistant than the latex versions used by Waterman and Conway Stewart. It's quite probable that the sacs in the pens owned originally by your parents have perished, and the feeds could well be bunged-up with dried ink. I'd agree that getting one or all of them repaired by a professional would be needed to get them writing again.

Cheers Chris.

I called Derrick that Neilo recommended. He seemed to know what was wrong without seeing them. Pop them in the post and £25 should fix it up.

The No 100 is fetching upwards of £100 in 'needing fixed' condition on the Bay.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom