3 weeks in and still a lot to learn

SirPrize said:
RedNeckRash said:
Hi ;) .
the Progress is great but my favorite has to be my OC 1904 (Merkur 41) Its a great little razor which gives a better shave than nearly all my others!
Yes - isn't it!
Sooner or later you might want to try the 11c (the original James Bond DE) for a little more heft.
Thank you for your progress (no pun intended) reports - and stay in touch!.

Hi, Funny you mention the 11c as I bought one from Big.Dave in the sales corner last week :) He posted it today so should be here tomorrow or the next day. :cool:

Been a while

It was October since my last post, here and how I have missed the forum - not yet in to the whole forum community thing, not sure why as most of you are spiffing (what a word to use).

I've been job searching since my last post, had 2 great offers - one was better money wise than the other, but I really don't fancy working in Saudi. So Qatar it is then.

While I'm in-between jobs I'm back home and ready with cash (and the wife hasn't told me I cannot) I'll be stocking up on stuff I can't get in the middle east - like witch hazel and shaving creams not made by Gilette.

My shaves are continuing to improve, but I still get a face ripping now and again. I think it's my razor angle more than anything else, with perhaps a hint of pressure.

Christmas (a while back) was interesting as I got myself a few creams and aftershaves, Alt Innsbruck is my favourite at the moment. I also saw Mark's YouTube video with the package TSR sent, shame I missed it, but what a great idea.

He also got himself an iKon razor which has got me thinking, what are the benefits of a comb razor? Will it help me with my angle and pressure problem?

Had my first shave in UK with my stuff, must say it was rather good, I'll see if I can repeat the performance in the morning.

I have also been experimenting with a moisturiser. I take vasaline for men (moisturiser not petroleum jelly), add aloe Vera, she a butter, glysolid, vitamin E, and a drop or two of tea tree oil. It works well as an aftershave balm.

I suppose this is a general rambling than an actual post.

That's all, hope y'all well.

CF

Good to see you again C.F. Not sure about a comb razor assisting with getting the angle correct, the 11C just irritates my skin.
In terms of moisturiser, just a thought, if you're heading out to Quatar & are going to be outwith the A/C areas very much I'd be cautious with any glycerine based creams. Purely because I understand (could be wrong) that whilst they draw moisture from atmosphere to hydrate the skin in "normal" humidity; in desert conditions they may well seek that moisture from the underlying tissues, tending towards a drier & more wrinkled C.F. physog.

Give us a post and let us know how things are going in another 6 months or so M8 !

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

JohnnyO said:
Good to see you again C.F. Not sure about a comb razor assisting with getting the angle correct, the 11C just irritates my skin.
In terms of moisturiser, just a thought, if you're heading out to Quatar & are going to be outwith the A/C areas very much I'd be cautious with any glycerine based creams. Purely because I understand (could be wrong) that whilst they draw moisture from atmosphere to hydrate the skin in "normal" humidity; in desert conditions they may well seek that moisture from the underlying tissues, tending towards a drier & more wrinkled C.F. physog.

Give us a post and let us know how things are going in another 6 months or so M8 !

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

Thanks for the reply JohnnyO,

I'll be in and out of aircon areas, office and sites.

The amount of glycerin is less than a teaspoon per 250ml (at the moment). I have been using my mixture since about August with minor tweaks here and there and I've not noticed any extra dryness. Saying that I will have a look into what you've said.

CF

Back
Top Bottom