3017 Treatment aka Titanic: Monogamy full immersion

I have for a long time undertaken to finish my surplus products.
Samples, mistakes, temporary infatuations, etc...
I mean, just keep my favorites.
The ones I chose in time.

I’ve read the experiences of a group of valiant men.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/my-guess-3017.128392/
Before bed, like a novel.
Experiences of dedicated and passionate wetshavers.
People who start and finish one soap.
In months and months, and then offers a report.
Moreover, it is an endless discussion.

This self-imposed form of monogamy is called 3017 Treatment in slang.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3017 Treatment
Regardless of the scope, it offers some advantages:
• have a deep experience
• reduce surplus stocks
• have real data on yield

Like all self-inflicted practices, it requires courage.
It involves strength of character, and further strengthens.
In addition to offering detailed knowledge difficult to reach otherwise.

I’m certainly not one of those who would normally do that.
In fact, on consumables they tend to be polygamous and butterfly.
But I read that some already practice this mode.
I would be curious to know what experiences have arisen.

Let's start with Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap.
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/posts/915601/
cyhWckjm.jpeg

I have for a long time undertaken to finish my surplus products.
Samples, mistakes, temporary infatuations, etc...
I mean, just keep my favorites.
The ones I chose in time.

I’ve read the experiences of a group of valiant men.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/my-guess-3017.128392/
Before bed, like a novel.
Experiences of dedicated and passionate wetshavers.
People who start and finish one soap.
In months and months, and then offers a report.
Moreover, it is an endless discussion.

This self-imposed form of monogamy is called 3017 Treatment in slang.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3017 Treatment
Regardless of the scope, it offers some advantages:
• have a deep experience
• reduce surplus stocks
• have real data on yield

Like all self-inflicted practices, it requires courage.
It involves strength of character, and further strengthens.
In addition to offering detailed knowledge difficult to reach otherwise.

I’m certainly not one of those who would normally do that.
In fact, on consumables they tend to be polygamous and butterfly.
But I read that some already practice this mode.
I would be curious to know what experiences have arisen.
A month is as long as I can last just using one soap!

Paul.

I am sorely lacking in these.
I resemble this remark. The best I can do is use a Rolls Razor 'most' of the time. I haven't bought new soap in months.

On the other hand, my last two soap purchases were both Saponifico Verisino's Cosmo, and I'll probably kill my last tub of that by the end of the month. For what it's worth, I get 9-10 months worth of shaves from one puck of SV.

I actually have my S.A.D. under control. My other shaving related AD's, not so much.

I am very strict with certain aspects of my life. I’ll be 20 years sober on August 23rd this year and am buggered if I’m going to treat shaving (or gardening) with the same vigilance, seriousness, thrift, determination and strong will. It’s more important than life itself that I don’t have a drink but to the maximum extent of my pocket and desires, I’ll be a proper tart, slag and addict as far as shaving goes. I reserve the right to chop and change my mind, use 5 soaps at once, change blades as little or often as I remember, say I’ll use this kit and change to that kit and generally piss fart about as the mood takes me. Or not.

Some folk take it too far. I just wanna have fun and a smooth face. Sheesh…

I've usually shaved this way in terms of consumables. I have a soap/cream and bottle of aftershave out in the bathroom and use them up then open another. I've re-bought the ones I enjoyed using. for the most part, I had three of the same shavette and had one of those out at a time too. I snapped a blade in half to load two of the shavettes and worked through a tuck of blades before trying another type. early on, I sometimes had two or three soaps in rotation and I had a few boar brushes but switched to synthetic and for a few years, my setup had settled.

I think this gives me a better chance to evaluate each product without changing too many variables at once or judging based on a single bad shave. sometimes, I change nothing and get a better or worse shave so know it must be my technique that changed.

Now that I've started shaving my head with a DE, I switch razor when it's time to change blade and I'm trying different blades more often. I aim to give the razors a proper chance then narrow down to the ones that work best for me. same with blades though I have now bought a few 100 packs already.

I do still keep buying things though so I have a lot hoarded and waiting to be brought out. I should take that part of the 3017 philosophy and work through some of the products I have first.

I really like going into supermarkets when I'm abroad and picking up some local products as souvenirs. I do eventually get to using them and it's a nice reminder of that holiday.

I also can't pass up a bargain and I'm now susceptible to the worry of products being discontinued or reformulated. I wish I had got more Ingram cream before it disappeared, I really liked the tube I went through. same with the 50p Palmolive sticks. they go for crazy money now and definitely not worth it. I'll probably pick up two of the Palmolive cream tubes since they could probably disappear. the good thing is that there's still always plenty of other great products to try so not a huge worry.

Last edited:
I've usually shaved this way in terms of consumables. I have a soap/cream and bottle of aftershave out in the bathroom and use them up then open another. I've re-bought the ones I enjoyed using. for the most part, I had three of the same shavette and had one of those out at a time too. I snapped a blade in half to load two of the shavettes and worked through a tuck of blades before trying another type. early on, I sometimes had two or three soaps and brushes in rotation but for a few years, my setup had settled.

I think this gives me a better chance to evaluate each product without changing too many variables at once or judging based on a single bad shave. sometimes, I change nothing and get a better or worse shave so know it must be my technique that changed.

Now that I've started shaving my head with a DE, I switch razor when it's time to change blade and I'm trying different blades more often. I also still keep buying so I have a lot of creams, soaps and blades waiting to be brought out. I should take that part of the 3017 philosophy and work through some of the products I have first.

I really like going into supermarkets when I'm abroad and picking up some local products as souvenirs. I do eventually get to using them and it's a nice reminder of that holiday.

I also can't pass up a bargain and I'm now susceptible to the worry of products being discontinued or reformulated. I wish I had got more Ingram cream before it disappeared, I really liked the tube I went through. same with the 50p Palmolive sticks. they go for crazy money now and definitely not worth it.
Ingram is precious to me but…

Please keep reminding me and send me a pm as I have a tube here for you, should you want it. No bugger else. It’s mine, ALL MINE. My precioussss…

ALL HAIL INGRAM OF THE FAT!
(I reckon it’s got more lanolin than EVERYTHING else out there)

Ingram is precious to me but…

Please keep reminding me and send me a pm as I have a tube here for you, should you want it. No bugger else. It’s mine, ALL MINE. My precioussss…

ALL HAIL INGRAM OF THE FAT!
(I reckon it’s got more lanolin than EVERYTHING else out there)
that's really kind of you but it's ok, I've got plenty of other creams to work through and other favourites to re-buy once I work through some. are you rationing your stocks of Ingram now or still using it regularly. what do you think of the Egyptian version?

that's really kind of you but it's ok, I've got plenty of other creams to work through and other favourites to re-buy once I work through some. are you rationing your stocks of Ingram now or still using it regularly. what do you think of the Egyptian version?
Never tried the Egyptian one but the ingredients list didn’t fill me with joy. No lanolin…

I’ve got circa 9 tubes left so things are pretty dire. If I had 50 left I’d still say things were pretty dire. Seriously, you may have one if you wish.

Never tried the Egyptian one but the ingredients list didn’t fill me with joy. No lanolin…

I’ve got circa 9 tubes left so things are pretty dire. If I had 50 left I’d still say things were pretty dire. Seriously, you may have one if you wish.

The only true Ingram replacement I can think of is the Vitos cream in the 500ml bladder. Menthol, Eucalyptus, lanolin, also with tallow too. I think it's been stopped being made though.

The only true Ingram replacement I can think of is the Vitos cream in the 500ml bladder. Menthol, Eucalyptus, lanolin, also with tallow too. I think it's been stopped being made though.
It's reformulated, from 2015.
http://www.ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?p=141052#p141052

Vitos Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Green box, frag Talc)
INCI: Stearic acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Benzaldehide, Talc

Vitos Extra Super Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Red box, frag Almond)
INCI: Stearic acid, Hydrogenated tallow, Aqua, Potassium hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium hydroxide, Sodium hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehide

Vitos Extra Super al Profumo di Cocco Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Red box, frag Almond and Coconut)
INCI: Stearic acid, Hydrogenated tallow, Aqua, Potassium hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium hydroxide, Sodium hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehide

Vitos Crema da Barba Finissima Emolliente 500ml Classico (bladder, frag Eucalyptus)
INCI: Aqua, Stearic acid, Glycerin, Cocus nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Hydrogenated Tallow, Sodium hydroxide, Cocamide Dea, Boric acid, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium myristil sulfate, Sodium cetyl sulfate, Sodium stearyl sulfate, Laureth-10, Sodium metasilicate, Lanolin, Eucalyptol, Hydroxyethylcellulose

Vitos Crema da Barba Finissima Emolliente 500ml Tabacco (bladder, frag Green Tobacco)
INCI: Aqua, Stearic acid, Glycerin, Cocus nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Hydrogenated Tallow, Sodium hydroxide, Cocamide Dea, Boric acid, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium laureth sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Cocamide MEA, Glycol distearate, Laureth-10, Sodium metasilicate, Lanolin, Eucalyptol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA

It's reformulated, from 2015.
http://www.ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?p=141052#p141052

Vitos Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Green box, frag Talc)
INCI: Stearic acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Benzaldehide, Talc

Vitos Extra Super Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Red box, frag Almond)

Vitos Extra Super al Profumo di Cocco Sapone per Barba Supercrema Finissima Emolliente 1000ml (Red box, frag Almond and Coconut)

Vitos Crema da Barba Finissima Emolliente 500ml Classico (bladder, frag Eucalyptus)
INCI: Aqua, Stearic acid, Glycerin, Cocus nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Hydrogenated Tallow, Sodium hydroxide, Cocamide Dea, Boric acid, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium myristil sulfate, Sodium cetyl sulfate, Sodium stearyl sulfate, Laureth-10, Sodium metasilicate, Lanolin, Eucalyptol, Hydroxyethylcellulose

Vitos Crema da Barba Finissima Emolliente 500ml Tabacco (bladder, frag Green Tobacco)
INCI: Aqua, Stearic acid, Glycerin, Cocus nucifera, Potassium hydroxide, Hydrogenated Tallow, Sodium hydroxide, Cocamide Dea, Boric acid, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium laureth sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Cocamide MEA, Glycol distearate, Laureth-10, Sodium metasilicate, Lanolin, Eucalyptol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA

Cheers for the info. They used to be pretty easy to get hold off before, but I've not really seen them on sale as much as they used to be. I'm not sure whether it is down to Brexit. I saw the Green Tallow version is now reformulated into a vegan formulation, I've not used it though.

Here is the Green version
Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water), Potassium Hydroxide, Cocos Nucifera, (Coconut) Oil, Talc, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate, Benzaldehyde, Tetrasodium EDTA

Back
Top Bottom