34c And 38c **complete**

Well.i am now the owner of a 34c and a 38c,let the fun begin.
I tried the 34c on Monday with a Lord stainless (green box) that came with her,4 day growth,she cut straight through it no bother.but on the second pass seemed a bit draggy,and a bit sore on the neck (poor technique) so was looking for any blade preferences you all use in your 34 or 38c,i have a couple of others to try,will give her another whirl tonight.
i was useing a Timor before this,so probs just need to get used to the razor,
still enjoying myself though,well time for some zzzzs,just love working night,s.

Ian

RE: 34c And 38c

I'll go with Chrisbell. Astra Plt and Personna Red and maybe one more Gillette Super Thin.

They worked well for me in 34C & 38C. YMMV.

Charles U.K

These work great in my 34c and all my other razors

Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge
Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless
Astra SP

I see a pattern here!

I've not tried the thai superthin, but i like the chinese superthin, i've only used a couple of them though, but i'm thinking of buying them in bulk.

these ones -->
wp83d85a98_05.jpg

There does seem to be a steady flow on peoples choice here.only one i have on the list is the feather,s,I was hopeing to improve my style before i ventured a try of them,
i did try a Lord classic (green),not good..got some lord supers(blue) aswell,to try,maybe tonight,looks like a trip to e bay to get me a selection from the above posts,
Though i do have a some 1s and 2s to try IE sputnik,rainbow,gillette nacet ? stainless,trig,vidyut.dorca (korea).
Well of to walk the dog then hit the shop for some flowers,wedding aniversary today,got to keep the missus happy.
Thanks for the input fella,s.

Ian

Hiya Gravy,
Forgot to ask where do you get those super thins from just had a quick look on the bay and couldnt see any,

Ian

I got mine in a gillette sample pack from connaught shaving, they are also the only place i can find them at the moment (borrowed the pic fro there).

Connaught post out very quickly, i've used them a lot, highly recommended!

it might be worth you buying that sample pack, there are more types in it than when i bought it.

All 5 types of 7 O'Clocks are good blades (Indian Blacks and Greens missing from this pack though)

http://connaughtshaving.com/standard.html

Would recommend Astra SP while you get your technique honed, then try Gillette 7 OC Yellow (sharpedge) blades. The 7 OC green aren't bad either but similar to the Astra SP but not as easy to source or quite as cheap. The Feather blade is best left for a little while but this blade needs gentle handling as it's very sharp though very smooth too.

Looks like the Astra sp has plenty of fans,will have look at sorting some in the morn when i get in from work,any pointers as to suppliers..

Ian

iancxx said:
...any pointers as to suppliers..

Ian

Try here with free delivery and cashback too. Permasharp super blades are similar to Sharpedge blades and may be worth trying as well.

If you're going to stock up though ebay has a few Turkish sellers who sell 100 Astra SPs for about £7.20 delivered but takes a couple of weeks or so to arrive.

If you can wait, I've noticed that eBay has great prices for Astra blades.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-ASTRA-SUPERIOR-PLATINUM-DOUBLE-EDGE-RAZOR-BLADES-FREE-SHIPPING-/261084598071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc9dacf37

For example is 25 blades for a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom