jds

Received some 4711 Original Eau de Cologne AS yesterday. Wasn't impressed when I had a sniff, but when I splashed myself, I liked it. Reminded me a little of Kouros back in the day. Definitely a keeper.

But here's a question - what would be the difference (if any) between the Eau de Cologne After Shave and the Eau de Cologne Splash (apart from the bottle design and artwork)?

Thanks,

Jon

There is a 4711 A/S and a 4711 EdC but I was not aware of an Eau de Cologne A/S. As with all aftershaves, the amount of perfume oil is less than EdC and less still than EdT and less still than EdP

As others have already said, the aftershave is just a diluted version of the cologne. But it may have some moisturising agents in it to condition the skin. Some aftershave manufacturers do this for their lotions, but it varies quite drastically.

The cologne is perfect for a blast of freshness when you need it. I now carry the 4711 wet towels (they come in packs of 10) with me everywhere and tend to keep a bottle of the cologne splash at home. I enjoy it after a shower sometimes or on the back of my neck after a hair cut. Wouldn't wear it as a proper cologne though as it just doesn't last.

Have to say that I am going through my bottle remarkably quickly. I seem to want to splash it on whenever I drop my daughter at nursery alongside all the harassed young mothers....

When it runs out, I think I'll go for the bigger bottle of Eau de Cologone Splash.

Happy days....

4711 available in store at Boots and some is discounted. I picked up two bottles of 25ml in the lovely round watch bottle for £3.67 each. Perfect for popping in travel kit. 50ml priced at over £11. Happy me. What a find!

jds said:
4711 available in store at Boots and some is discounted. I picked up two bottles of 25ml in the lovely round watch bottle for £3.67 each. Perfect for popping in travel kit. 50ml priced at over £11. Happy me. What a find!

Also available at Fragrance Direct at VERY good prices!

Jack Force said:
Is it where all the other fragrances are in boots or in the mens deodorants section with the Jovan etc?

Well it's not with all the other expensive After Shaves etc behind the locked glass cabinet, which is where I looked first. I was heading towards the men's toileteries section when I saw the 4711 collection on an aisle end in a women's cosmetics area. They have a decent range - three sizes of Cologne, tissues, deodorant, body soray and perhaps some more. The 25ml cologne and body spray were discounted.

Depending on the size and layout of your Boots you may have to hunt, however the Boots I was in is not that big so I would think it will be carried by most stores.

Good luck

Jon

culcreuch said:
jds said:

Also available at Fragrance Direct at VERY good prices!

Yep, you're not wrong. Very good prices there too. Cheap Smells have 4711 at pretty competitive prices too. Choices, choices!

Jon

I have tried both A/S and cologne versions of 4711 and like people said A/S doesn't smell much... only a bit considering that the cologne version don't last long.

So I sold my A/S bottle and now I use the cologne directly in my face mixed with a fragance free balm, as I found that in this way I get better and longer scent without irritating my skin.

BTW for me 4711 scent is very, very similar to Dr Harris Arlington shaving cream, so I use both in the same shave (and it's far cheaper than DR Harris aftershaves)

Cheers!

I keep the small round bottle in the car. It always comes in handy!

I always stock up on the 'fragrance tissues' which are individually wrapped and keep them in trouser pockets and so on. They are also really useful in those situations where there is no soap and water nearby when you really need it. Not a substitute for washing hands, but a good temporary measure for (e.g.) when your hands are oily or covered in grease.

Back
Top Bottom