6 Nations 2013

Any rugby fans here.

I fancy France this year, only because it might be a year too early for England. Ireland and Wales outside chances, but probably scrapping it out for third spot. Scotland and Italy to decide the wooden spoon.

So this weekend:
Wales 23:19 Ireland
England 28:9 Scotland
Italy 13: 24 France

Don't forget that France have to play both Ireland and England away - I think this will scupper their chances of winning the title. Also, England are also in Dublin this year where anything can happen so maybe the Irish are worth a bet. In any event I think the winners will come from one of these three.

I'd love to see us (England) win, but I suspect France may do it, with Ireland as dark horses. Sadly, Wales seem to have lost confidence and cohesion - in the Autumn Internationals they were playing as a group of talented individuals rather tan a team.

Ahh rugby! I used to play, and loved watching it, but working weekends and friends getting jobs, going to uni and what not haven't been to any games as of late, and always seem to miss everything on the tv. Not having sky sports/espn (not sure what it's shown on now, premiership I mean), I never get to watch it anymore :(.

I'd like to think that england could win it though, but as above reckon it probably will be france.

As for this weekends fixtures:

Wales 9:12 Ireland

England 24:12 Scotland

France 35:13 Italy

Being half Welsh (and therefore classing myself as welsh) and living in Scotland I always support Wales with Scotland as my 2nd team. Hopefully the opening match will be as fantastic as normal. Can't see it being a walk on the park but I feel Wales may have an advantage.
I have a feeling, well I can always hope, that Scotland may do well this year!

Being a rugby Man and long time fan of the game, I'm going to reserve my judgement until after the first round, I think that without doubt Wales had a few major injuries during the autumn internationals and we missed our British lions tighead prop Adam Jones who's back, and we were playing a 10 who was going through a very bad patch and will be replaced, well I say this with total conviction we have the best backline in the Six nations, and I see we have pulled in the Saracens second row forward Olly kohn 6ft 7 20 stone first choice lock for one of the best teams in England, the first round of fixtures will be interesting, and being a British Lions year I think we could see the bulk of the Lions backline playing for Wales.

Jamie

My prediction, if Wales beat Ireland there will be no grand slam outright winner, joint top Wales and France then England followed by Ireland Scotland and Italy, here's my table.

Wales
France
England
Ireland
Scotland
Italy

In the absence of any real chance for Scotland, the country of my birth, I will support England all the way (just not against Scotland ;)). My Mother is English, although you would hardly know it now and my Grandfather was a Londoner so as a lad, I never felt comfortable with the attitude that Scots should support any team other than England. I really, really hope that Scotland at least give a good account of themselves at Twickenham and perhaps this giant-killing in the football will prove contagious and we'll cause an upset. I live in hope. :angel:

That said, I could never be unhappy watching the Welsh win (unless it's against the Scots and even then) as they have the best fans there is. It was always a brilliant atmosphere in the Edinburgh pubs when the Welsh were up. Loud, proud, kind, generous, magnanimous and a ruddy great laugh whether they won or lost. Spent a wonderful week on holiday in North Wales in 2005 after Wales had wiped the floor with everyone - everywhere was still buzzing about it in April.

The ball may be the wrong shape but I'm still rather looking forward to it. Should be good. :D

It's all hot air till the final whistle blows - unless you're a betting man, that is.

Btw, Jamie - Saracens are an un-gentlemanly team and red and black together looks cheap. Capable of making a nuisance of themselves, for sure!

Hi there Carl having watched Saracens this season, they are my tip to win the English premiership, big powerful team with a strong South African influence, but another team I tipped from the Rabbo Welsh Irish Scottish and Italian league to win the Heineken cup Ulster they play Saracens in the quarter finals, now that could turn into some game, I'm looking forward to this six nations as this is a British & Irish Lions year and players and teams are out to make a point just so they can jump on that plane to Australia, I'm expecting a much higher quality l tournament this year than for the last three.

Jamie

Dunno about win, Jamie - certainly hope not - but up there in contention, for sure. Soon as any of them put on a white shirt, they become honourary good guys - but, as you point out, so many of them don green and gold.

Count the number of Tigers playing for England - we need at least 33% to win.

I'm with Pugh on this one. Can't see a Grand Slam happening this year. It may boil down to a two horse race for the championship between England and France, with Wales getting the bronze.

Back
Top Bottom