7/8" Kropp in Ebony

Thanks for all the kind comments.

I honed a smaller Kropp this morning and, yet again was struck by the qualty of the blade itself and the edge it took. I've only ever seen round Kropps so I don't know if they manufactured any 'sexier' designs. If not, it's a pity because in terms of quality they compare with the makes that fetch a premium.

Probably a stupid post to make in terms of driving up Ebay prices, but the razors deserve it.

UKRob said:
Thanks for all the kind comments.

I honed a smaller Kropp this morning and, yet again was struck by the qualty of the blade itself and the edge it took. I've only ever seen round Kropps so I don't know if they manufactured any 'sexier' designs. If not, it's a pity because in terms of quality they compare with the makes that fetch a premium.

Probably a stupid post to make in terms of driving up Ebay prices, but the razors deserve it.

Think the word has spread already Rob, check out the price of this 5/8 kropp
5/8 Kropp
btw. Superb job on the scales.

They must be insane paying those kind of prices for a Kropp, they should be sectioned under the mental health act, probably the Bic razor of the straight razor world. I just finished restoring a NOS 6'8 Kropp on the weekend, the guy paid £25 for the razor. Personally I would say a fair price for a Kropp with the original scales in mint condition would be no more than £60

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
They must be insane paying those kind of prices for a Kropp, they should be sectioned under the mental health act, probably the Bic razor of the straight razor world. I just finished restoring a NOS 6'8 Kropp on the weekend, the guy paid £25 for the razor. Personally I would say a fair price for a Kropp with the original scales in mint condition would be no more than £60

Jamie

Agreed. I recently paid £4 for a minter. ( car-boot )

England said:
Think the word has spread already Rob, check out the price of this 5/8 kropp
5/8 Kropp
btw. Superb job on the scales.

That's a buy it now price and I doubt very much if it will be realised - both Jamie and me have posted better restores than that and I personally have sold bigger blades for far less - and then with custom scales.

There has been a jump in Ebay prices for Kropps but they are still nowhere near say Dubl Ducks when in reality the quality is just as good in my experience. I have both and would rate a Kropp against DD, Friodur and some Swedish razors I have.

Back
Top Bottom