7 O'Clock Yellows

I could not get on with the Yellows in any razor I have tried. I Bought myself a Merkur Barber Pole Slant and thought 'what the hell -let's give it another go'. I've always wanted to get on with this blade but irritation and soreness prevented the marriage. With the slant it's a different story: fantastic shave with none of the problems. I find it incredible with wet shaving how different permutations produce totally different results.

Pleased you got on with the Yellows eventually Neil....Shaving Shack has them on sale at £ 10.99 for 100 delivery free ,at the moment....I've just ordered yet some more.

I find the first pass can be a little bit rough if I don't use a very light touch, but subsequent passes are as smooth as silk. and very close....but maybe thats just me and my hard wire whiskers.

I've never subscribed to this roughness on the early passes theory, I shaved with one today in the R41 and that first pass was like hot steel through butter. No roughness on my part, but maybe I'm less discerning? Dunno.

It's the best blade in production in my view.

After just recently using a reasonable selection of blades I have settled on 'Yellows & Greens' both great blades IMO. I'm no expert, just know what I like. :icon_wink:

Back
Top Bottom