85% of 68 Men agree...............

68 Men........... that is all.

That is the amount of men that Gillette tested their Fusion razor on and only 85% of them found it to be more comfortable than their usual shave.

I thought that to proclaim your razor one of the best in the world, you'd need to test it on more than 68 Men.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought but I just noticed that subtitle on the Gillette TV ad.

There's only one way to really find out how good/bad these things are, and that is to ignore the marketing BS and try things for yourself.

And with that, I'm off to eBay to find some Sex Panther.

Ian

The worst ones are the pharmaceuticals: the publish trial data that supports their theses and bury the ones that don't. (I suppose not all the bad ones are buried; some are cremated.)

At one time Gillette used to supply free washing / shaving facilities & trial products to their employees (mainly, I'm guessing, male) & selected locals near to their factory in England. Part of the deal was that on occasion people could be filmed shaving on CCTV, for the study of their technicians. They all knew they may be filmed of course, it was all completely open. The shavers gave feedback to the company on their products. I often used to wonder, after I found this out, whether their feedback counted as the data field which the company used in their advertising claims.

JohnnyO. :geek:

There was one I noticed the other day for a ladies cosmetic or health food, advertised on tele as 90% of women agree and the small footnote said sample size was something like 30.

I pointed it out to her and it really makes a mockery of it, it should not be allowed. It used to be the "half price" one and they introduced legislation that said it needs to be at the higher price is so many stores for so many days and they just now rotate the sale items. My point is no matter how you try to legislate to stop this shit they will always find a way to bend the rules, or stretch them very tight.

Most don't read the fine print and that is fine if you are buying a but you should not have to for a health drink or food, there has to be some sort of common sense....surely.

100% of all women in my house agree that I'm a sex god,,,,,,,

10% of the time,,,,

at weekends,,,,,,,,

after a couple of bottles of wine,

regards, beejay

These things are dubious at the best of times.

Give 68 men who already use a Gillette razor another one and you can be pretty sure they will like it.
In fact id wager of those 68 men a fair few wouldn't even know there was an alternative!

I think Benjamin Disraeli said it a couple of hundered years ago.

Benjamin Disraeli said:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I have a friend who used to be a research scientist for Monsanto (google if you've never heard of them)
He was part of the team that made all sorts of claims, and made to alter or make disappear results on a regular basis.
Fortunately, his conscience got the better of him, and he quit not long ago, best thing he's ever done in his life.

The problem is Monsanto is bigger than most, and they do some damn nasty stuff...
I mean the Mach3/Fusion isn't going to kill your kids future...

FB.

This type of research is really really useful. And I'ld just like to mention that 100% of my immediate family say that using my soaps has changed their lives for the better. Many of them have in fact achieved promotions, had flattering hair cuts and passed exams at school; and all since using Nanny's Silly Soap!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just saw your post FB....aren't they the Agent Orange and genetically modified food people??

Back
Top Bottom