£200 to spend on a coffee set up

OK, so as the title suggests, I plan to gather the funds to purchase a decent coffee set up as I drink it alot.

For the past few years I have bought grounds and used a cafetiere to get my fix, tastes ok to me - please don't judge ha ha.

I want something that's going to produce nice results, I can show the missus how to use, can do milk, and so on.

Please can people recommend me something and a reason why. Many thanks

Bit over your budget but:

http://www.electrical123.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=DEL-COF-ESAM4200-BA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=basefeed

Consistent, very easy to use & clean, no fuss, bean to cup.

Two buttons to get an espresso (on + espresso)

Has a wand for milk (I tend to make americano so don't use it much)

From a cost perspective, avoid the nespresso type machines where you need to buy pods.

1kg of beans is circa £15 which lasts me about a 2 months. Keep em in the freezer & fill the hopper every now & then.

Thanks for that. I don't mind going over budget to get something that's going to be long term better value.

Did you buy from this store?

I picked up a recon from ebay about 4 years ago.

Aside from de-scaling every 8 months (not difficult, just takes a while), no problems.

I've not used the seller, it's available at slightly higher £ elsewhere.

Just found it cheaper: Seems legit, based in Camberly

http://www.kitchenarts.co.uk/delonghi-magnifica-esam4200-15-bar-bean-to-cup-espressocappuccino-maker/?c=01&i=B001EOMZ5E

The other alternative is to buy a separate espresso machine and grinder which can also be done for about £300 nowadays. Say Gaggia classic + Iberital MC2

Separates are clearly less convenient than bean to cup and there is a fairly steep learning curve but you are rewarded with far better espresso. If espresso isn't your thing and you are not the only user I'd go for a bean to cup or just stick with a cafetiere and get a decent grinder.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided to go for the bean to cup machine as at least the other half can use it daily then without me getting all precious about my toys.

Back
Top Bottom