A nice long cold drink...(non alcoholic)

antdad said:
I wasn't too disappointed when the Milk Snatcher withdrew compulsory rations, ours was always warming gently by the radiator.

Thats my memory of free school milk. Warm, in a small bottle with a layer of warm cream about 3 inches thick on top.

As for refreshing, not too sweet drinks, I like a Ginger Ale, Canada Dry is nice but Tesco (i think) do a really nice one but can't remember whether it is the American oneor the Canadian one.

Failing that, Lime cordial with cold soda/sparkling water.

andyjreid said:
antdad said:
I wasn't too disappointed when the Milk Snatcher withdrew compulsory rations, ours was always warming gently by the radiator.

Thats my memory of free school milk. Warm, in a small bottle with a layer of warm cream about 3 inches thick on top.

As for refreshing, not too sweet drinks, I like a Ginger Ale, Canada Dry is nice but Tesco (i think) do a really nice one but can't remember whether it is the American oneor the Canadian one.

Failing that, Lime cordial with cold soda/sparkling water.

How could I forget good ol' giner ale! everyone in my house is addicted to the stuff!

You can get an iced tea powder in the states sure it's made by Liptons but haven't seen it here. Iced tea definitely more popular over there. I tried Liptons Peach Iced tea there for a while in cans or bottles. Now that was bloody nice!!!

1/4 instant coffee solution (made with cold tap water)

3/4 cold milk

optional extras: ice cubes or aerosol cream.

Nicer than it sounds, trust me.

So simple it's brilliant! Water (with an ice cube if available). Also has the advantage that you can pour it over your head in extremis without ending up really sticky.

soapalchemist said:
So simple it's brilliant! Water (with an ice cube if available). Also has the advantage that you can pour it over your head in extremis without ending up really sticky.

Another good old fashioned water drinker here!

"Council pop" as a mate of mine calls it.............

Back
Top Bottom