A soap for different seasons?

I am tending toward fresher, menthol based soaps in this warmer weather. This morning I graced by boat race with OSP UKWSS LE soap, herb garden I believe it is called. Nice dose of menthol to cool things down, and a fresh herby bouquet to tantalise the schnozz. Tomorrow will be Denali, a face freezer for a fresh start.

Something minty or menthol is always good for a summery day - whatever they are, I can't remember. My personal favourite menthol would be Proraso green, not a tallow but certainly will do the job. I'm sure others will come up with more, but it's always worth considering what soaps are produced by countries naturally hotter than the UK i.e. Spain or Italy.
Can't beat menthol on a hot day. I max it out with a splash and balm; In addition to the soap :cool:

Yup, think I need to move some Green up in the rotation while the sun's still shining.
Just a question on the Poraso Green. Inspired by this thread, I rummaged through my bathroom shelf (think of Trafalgar Square an hour or so after the Poll Tax riots and you will get the picture), and located the Green.

This stuff - is it just me, or is it not the most frothy of lathering soaps? I got a very shavable lather, but it reached a point fairly early where it is slick enough, but compared to others, it doesn't get much volume.

Just a question on the Poraso Green. Inspired by this thread, I rummaged through my bathroom shelf (think of Trafalgar Square an hour or so after the Poll Tax riots and you will get the picture), and located the Green.

This stuff - is it just me, or is it not the most frothy of lathering soaps? I got a very shavable lather, but it reached a point fairly early where it is slick enough, but compared to others, it doesn't get much volume.
For me the Green is not as thirsty as the Red (which admittedly has a dollop of shea butter in it). Only very general advice I would give you is product - lots and lots of it. It's cheap, they'll make it forever, so kick the arse out of it, then small dabs of water should get you a nice facefull.

Proraso green for me when it's hot. Kent cream is also very nice for the summer. I'm really enjoying La Toja cream at the moment. No menthol but a lovely fresh scent [emoji295]️[emoji295]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom