Above The Tie Slant or something else?

My Kronos S2 arrived yesterday. Sadly not in time for me to use it. It arrived just as I was leaving for the day.
Not sure when I'll use it. I have the S1 base plate arriving (hopefully) tomorrow. I'd like to try that first. The S2 looks like a beast. I love the handle BTW.

It's a nice bit of kit, don't worry about it's aggressive look when the blade is in because it really isn't, just really effective. You are building up quite an arsenal now. Shave happy.

Good evening chaps,

Some of you may have seen my post in SOTD but I thought I'd post my thoughts here too.

Used the S2 Kronos with a Nacet blade for the first time tonight.
So impressed with both. Looking at the blade exposed (and those teeth) it looks very intimidating. It couldn't be further from the truth, so smooth and massively efficient.
I don't think I've ever got so close after one pass and could have stopped after the second.

The Nacet blades are unbelievably smooth and sharp. The only thing I will say, the Kronos handle did feel a tad too heavy. This is the first time I've used it so hopefully I'll get used to it.

I'm buzzing TBH. It was a risk buy the S2 but luckily it paid off.

Thank you all for your advice, really appreciate it.
Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Good evening chaps,

Some of you may have seen my post in SOTD but I thought I'd post my thoughts here too.

Used the S2 Kronos with a Nacet blade for the first time tonight.
So impressed with both. Looking at the blade exposed (and those teeth) it looks very intimidating. It couldn't be further from the truth, so smooth and massively efficient.
I don't think I've ever got so close after one pass and could have stopped after the second.

The Nacet blades are unbelievably smooth and sharp. The only thing I will say, the Kronos handle did feel a tad too heavy. This is the first time I've used it so hopefully I'll get used to it.

I'm buzzing TBH. It was a risk buy the S2 but luckily it paid off.

Thank you all for your advice, really appreciate it.
Cheers
Rob

Nice coincidence. I change DE razor and blade every 3 days, and the one on the washbasin ready for Day 1 today is my S2, with Nacet blade and UFO handle.

Ferrum

If you do get the ikons just be careful as they are made of aluminium and if you overtighten the handle you can strip the thread. I've never had any trouble with Ikon though. It's just something they make you aware of.
Did not know this, thanks for the heads up just got one. Am considering a B1 head anyway which is stainless steel

Oh I know you're well and truly down the rabbit hole but I was talking about OC vs SB razors...i loves them!

I really didn't fancy getting an OC, they looked way to aggresive. I thought going for a slant and an OC combined would be a step too far. How wrong was I? I loved it.

I'm looking at other slants and OC's at the moment BUT just looking at the moment mind.:p I'm going to order the Blackbird when it comes up for pre-order so I've got to watch my spending....I've said that before though.:oops:;)

Thinking of trying the R2 base plate. Anyone had any experience of it and maybe compare it to the R1 or S2?
Rob, I've got the R2(recent purchase), & for me, it's my best shave ever. I used the Muhle R41 for a long time which I think is also a very good razor. The R2 has a slight edge, but only slight. Don't be put off by the blade exposure, for example, I have a Merkur OC which has more blade exposure than the Muhle but is less aggressive. I initially bought the H2 but it didn't suit me. I also used to have the Ikon 102 slant & that didn't really suit me either. If you like OC's, you'll enjoy the R2!

Rob, I've got the R2(recent purchase), & for me, it's my best shave ever. I used the Muhle R41 for a long time which I think is also a very good razor. The R2 has a slight edge, but only slight. Don't be put off by the blade exposure, for example, I have a Merkur OC which has more blade exposure than the Muhle but is less aggressive. I initially bought the H2 but it didn't suit me. I also used to have the Ikon 102 slant & that didn't really suit me either. If you like OC's, you'll enjoy the R2!

Bugger!:p:D Cheers... I think?:)

Did you buy the base plate only? If so where from?

Back
Top Bottom