Acca Kappa - no longer available

As I'm nearing the end of my tub of Acca Kappa's excellent 1869 shaving cream, I thought I'd put in an order for some more from the Gentleman's Shop. The cream doesn't feature on their website, and other Acca Kappa products were reduced by 20%. Which is not usually a good sign.

A phone call has confirmed my fears. Apparently the UK distributor is no longer importing Acca Kappa (or Boticaria de Havana). So my favourite shaving cream, balm and cologne, and my second favourite cologne will no longer be available. :(

So, if anybody has any of the afore-mentioned that for reasons of their own they feel that they may not use, perhaps they would be kind enough to let me know.

I'd be grateful.

Yours miserably

Ian

We have here locally two shops that stock Acca Kappa. However they do not have at all the shave cream tub you are referring to (the almond one, with lanolin).
The colognes, EdTs, etc. were on sale since late March, from 20% to 50% off, including all shaving brushes which are very very expensive.

As 'plan B', and in case we cannot locate easily a stockist from now on, one shave cream you should try is the Dovo (readily available from Connaught, Shaving.ie, etc.)
Comes in three scents, menta, eucalyptus and almond. It contains lanolin (just like the AK we are referring to) and although it is just a bit harder to lather, it'll leave you equally satisfied.

Another cream/soft soap you could try is the Bottega Uomo. Very cheap and great value for money, excellent performer. The 'Figaro' Paul stocks is the same stuff.

Just something to keep in mind. ;)

This sad news was on TGS news section a while back and I ordered a complete set while they still had the range. I do like the cream and the EDT but strangely they smell nothing like each other.

Back
Top Bottom