Acquisitions 1 July - 31 July, 2016

Damn! Fine looking razor and stand you have there. :)
Still one of the best looking razors, despite everything that has come since. Best of luck with it.
Gorgeous razor! I have #171. :)

Thanks gents. Just over a year of waiting and it was absolutely worth it. To me, the BBS-1 is still the original precision-machined razor, in a market that has seen plenty of newcomers in the last year.

I hit the monthly Antiques Fair again and found more goodies.
The top straight with the number 26 is a Krusius Brothers "KB Extra". It had the bonus of being in a Wostenholm box that will go with one of my other razors.
The bottom straight as a Union Razor and Cutlery.
The Ever Ready lather catcher is in great shape.
The Gillette has a 1921 serial number and appears to be a gold Big Fellow. Unfortunately it is missing a tooth.
6b758d92f0ad35e1b4d500127402199d.jpg

Two tubs of the new Nanny's Silly Soap Traditional tallow shaving soap. Down Home Summer, a scent I had before a long time ago and was always one of my top soap scents and a new one for me, Moroccan Sands.
I received these last week but thought I'd use them first before showing them - it bugs me when people show their stuff as soon as they receive it and say "I'll try this over the next few days and report back" then you never remember to follow up and read their findings.
Moroccan Sands is a lovely gentle scent but still a fairly strong one. Very relaxing and exotic. Another winning scent next to DHS.
Soap consistency is just right; hard enough to load off the puck yet soft enough to scoop out into a lather bowl - best of both worlds. Performance is second to none. My previous top was Barrister & Mann but this one tops it. Using my harshest of razors this soap provided adequate protection. I just can't find fault with this soap.
Post-shave is where this soap excels. I haven't needed to use an ASB at all since using this, which I usually use (might need one in winter I guess). Only MWF has provided this much moisturising feel. Great thing is that it's not overdone by feeling greasy at all, just really nourished. I had feared that too much tallow would give me acne, as I have a greasy skin, but this has not been the case.
To sum up in a word "Wow". Thanks @SoapAlchemist for creating such a damn fine soap.

Acquire_20160711_zpshkmivcj1.jpg

Two tubs of the new Nanny's Silly Soap Traditional tallow shaving soap. Down Home Summer, a scent I had before a long time ago and was always one of my top soap scents and a new one for me, Moroccan Sands.
I received these last week but thought I'd use them first before showing them - it bugs me when people show their stuff as soon as they receive it and say "I'll try this over the next few days and report back" then you never remember to follow up and read their findings.
Moroccan Sands is a lovely gentle scent but still a fairly strong one. Very relaxing and exotic. Another winning scent next to DHS.
Soap consistency is just right; hard enough to load off the puck yet soft enough to scoop out into a lather bowl - best of both worlds. Performance is second to none. My previous top was Barrister & Mann but this one tops it. Using my harshest of razors this soap provided adequate protection. I just can't find fault with this soap.
Post-shave is where this soap excels. I haven't needed to use an ASB at all since using this, which I usually use (might need one in winter I guess). Only MWF has provided this much moisturising feel. Great thing is that it's not overdone by feeling greasy at all, just really nourished. I had feared that too much tallow would give me acne, as I have a greasy skin, but this has not been the case.
To sum up in a word "Wow". Thanks @SoapAlchemist for creating such a damn fine soap.

Acquire_20160711_zpshkmivcj1.jpg
Excellent review @fancontroller ! May I ask what the diameter of the tin is?

My Verde arrived this morning, I have already test lathered it and the performance seems to be the same as the other Nuavia soaps, I will shave with it later this evening.

Initial impressions - The scent is wonderful, i'm not the best at describing scents but out of the box the Verde smells crisp and clean, very refreshing and it seems to be much lighter than the Rossa and Blu, which in my opinion have a deeper and bolder scent profile, but when you lather Verde the scent really blossoms and gets stronger, it has a very uplifting tone which just makes you feel relaxed.

The Verde smells very much like a high end EDT and is a very good summer scent however i still think the Blu is my favourite scent overall, followed by the Verde and then the Rossa. The Verde does have the weakest scent strength of the bunch.

bouxcZRl.jpg

5ebWz2w.jpg

The stainless steel injector by Supply Provision Co. (full set with all 3 heads mild/regular/aggressive) is here.

apYJ6hO.jpg

With kind of sufficient (for starters) stock in vintage blades and with the razor fitting well in the lovely travel case (Made in India, sold by G&C), we're set to go.

lSqdqcj.jpg

7XfiMRX.jpg

rmVP7Pg.jpg

Also we got delivery of two GEMs with the nice solid bar head.

TbTfEz1.jpg

Hd8z3J0.jpg

oQhWgju.jpg

5dt0sOO.jpg

GMHdckf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom