Acquisitions 1 June - 30 June 2016

A new month, a new thread.
Let's see those new additions to your den!
I just received a new tub of Jeeves soap, Fougere!
JRAmUAU.jpg

Last edited:
PAA Cavendish: not that keen on previous tobacco scented soaps (too subtle or smokey) but this one is deliciously sweet and reminds me of my grand dad's ol tobacco tins when I was a kid.

PAA Vloid: wonderful powdery barbershop scent

PAA Dirt: verdicts out on this one, does indeed smell of wet dirt, sweet odd fougere? Not a dark woody, fougere scented kind of guy but let's see what its like when lathers up and used.

On Tuesday evening I ordered a Semogue Owners' Club boar with a cherry wood handle and it arrived in this morning's mail; it was sent by Canada Post expedited parcel and postage was included in the price. Obviously, I haven't had a chance to use it, but I will give it a couple of washes with VP Leonhardy brush wash and use it for tomorrow morning's shave. First impressions: this is a great looking brush; the cherry wood has a nice hue to it and contrasts very well with the white boar bristles; I even like the look of the metal ring, which is one thing that has put me off Semogue brushes in the past; and the handle feels very comfortable. In summary, the aesthetics far exceed my expectations, but I had not seen a Semogue brush in the flesh before. I hope that it will perform as well as it looks, but I realise that this knot requires a a good break-in period.

My €4 Chinese badger brush arrived today. Defunked, and drying now.

999d439d8311d07b7cd1e1122fb49880.jpg

I feel sorry for the badger, but I'm also not convinced that the more expensive knots are retrieved in a more animal friendly way (killing the badger quick and as painless as possible).

This was definitely an impulse buy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 soaps
Barrister & Mann Rhapsody
Fine Classic Shaving Soap - Santal Absolut

As usual the B&M smells odd but I think I like it. The Santal Absolut is supposed to smell like AOS Sandalwood. I've never smelt the AOS but this is very nice. The only 'problem' I have is the NSS Tallow i'm testing and the two Nuavia samples I want to try out before using these two soaps means it'll be 9-10 days before I use one of them.

Strayed over to the 'darker side' again as today my $10 Gillette Power Fusion arrived in the mail.
It's the 2012 London Olympics Gold edition.
2dcd72c.jpg

Not seeing this really being a collector's item...and me really wanting to try it out...I of course ripped it open right away
I think it will look better with a black cart on it...
flj0bb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom