Acquisitions 1st April - 30th April

My first "boxed" Gillette Rocket and my first Pal injector.

c6b73958fc2e2aa63340edb18b66a2f2.jpg

e7c1eb45bc5113e52b8338c352ed22dc.jpg

Sadly the Rocket is aluminium rather than brass and head on the Pal is crooked. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

7528a9707a1e583d47835ba43146b78d.jpg

£2.31 in Lidl. Got a chance of a sniff when somebody had ripped one open. Nice enough from the bottle but much nicer on, and it lingers for a good bit too for an aftershave. Once on, not that far removed from the Saponificio Varesino 70th.

they are quite different to the HD, also a little harder to come by. if you dont get on with it make sure to advertise it properly and you could possibly end up with a bonus! definitely worth a few trial shaves though, good luck =)

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I've just cleaned and disinfected it, it's in excellent condition. Very, very light though.

Rather made up with winning an Aesop DE on the Bay this evening. Looks rather swish if anything. Does anybody recognise the head? They claim it is made in the UK, but looks exceptionally like my R89. Still a happy win. Not sure about the pack of 10 Merkur blades as I have tried previous and thought they were shite, but gives the cats something to play with.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I recently sold off just about my Whole Gem Blade SE Collection & I spent some of the Doe on these 3 Shave Ready SRs..I got them through the Door Yesterday..The Top one is a Henckels Solingen 7/8..Its actually just over a 7/8..Its a mean size blade..I just had a shave with it & its as Smooth as Icing on a Cake..This Guy has done some Job on these Blades..The 2nd One is a Herder Solingen 6/8 & the 3rd One is an NOS Japanese FUJI 6/8..I was Stunned at the Condition of these 3 Razors as they look as if they came out the factory Yesterday..:D

Billy

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I recently sold off just about my Whole Gem Blade SE Collection & I spent some of the Doe on these 3 Shave Ready SRs..I got them through the Door Yesterday..The Top one is a Henckels Solingen 7/8..Its actually just over a 7/8..Its a mean size blade..I just had a shave with it & its as Smooth as Icing on a Cake..This Guy has done some Job on these Blades..The 2nd One is a Herder Solingen 6/8 & the 3rd One is an NOS Japanese FUJI 6/8..I was Stunned at the Condition of these 3 Razors as they look as if they came out the factory Yesterday..:D

Billy
Hi Billy,
Enjoy your new Razors. I will keep the " FergieBilly" Shim going- glad you came up with the idea. I will take the F off you ,if you give up the "Injectors":);):D
Mike

736945a1940537952626e9939dc3d3fe.jpg

These arrived this morning, my Proraso Blue is running a bit low and I now no longer have an excuse for not using the Eveready 1912 that I bought several months ago.

Hmm, don't know which to try first, the Rocket LD or the Ever-Ready 1912.

Last edited:
rP5cTq0l.jpg

New arrivals!

Two Mystic Waters soaps I ordered a few weeks back. Went for the Lime & Coconut scented soaps as they sounded right up my street. They smell awesome out of the wrapping & I am really looking forward to giving them a go tomorrow.

And finally a bottle of Mugler Cologne, which is hands down one of the best clean, fresh & soapy fragrances out there. On top of that, it looks like kryptonite!

Back
Top Bottom