Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

Razorock Plisson synthethic – thanks for the heads-up on these; looking forward to trying it in the morning. Also a gents' leather vanity kit that included a fat-handle tech and dinky travel cup and flask (which has been used for cologne so probably why it's included).

2v00kcm.jpg

Received some HdP samples today.

Tubereuse 3
Amberam
Rosam
Vidi

The list isn't quite the same as advertised but not a bad set by all accounts.

Thought I'd like the Tubereuse but it smells exactly like the wax my barber uses that I can't stand!

The Amberam has peaked my interest though.

Semogue Owner's Club (Cherry) Pure Bristle
Xpec Unscented
Le Père Lucien Unscented

... couple of soaps from our favourite suppliers at Connoughts. Thanks, chaps! Speedy turnaround. Also, a lovely brush from Chris (Rand-o-Mangle :D) which I think I am going to get along with very well indeed! Now, if someone could help me out with an ash handle equivalent (see: Wanted in BST) I'd be an even happier fellow.

I'm almost embarrassed to add my contribution, but I received my first pack of Polsilver blades today. They've given me the closest shave I've had, with the odd (unfelt) nick ATG in my Merkur Futur.

I do enjoy seeing everyone's hardware goodies here though :D

Yes forgot to say is 77. Sorry:)

Oh, I spotted that :D

When I first came to this forum, Dipesh sent me a handful of razors to try (before every newbie goes tapping Dipesh for a random selection, we did already know each other from another forum) ... he sent me a Tech (I think), certainly a red tip Superspeed (or Rocket) and a #77. I still go back to that #77 as probably the best from the Gillettes.

Two DEs that I still would like are: a #77 and a Hybrid Tech.

Back
Top Bottom