Acquisitions, 1st October to 31st October 2015

That OC Tech is a great find. If I remember correctly it was rumored that the OC Tech was a direct spin-off of the Nacet OC head as that company was acquired by Gillette.
You don't see them often at all.

Cheers! I'm pretty excited to have it. I do have a Nacet branded open comb Tech in a black/clear case. Both of these open combs have been sourced from the French market.

Por favor- what's the difference between a Tech OC and a New Improved, please?

The British New (no point talking about the American New) has a flat or raised bottom. The flat bottom is more common and a format which was carried over to the Tech as the teeth were removed and the safety guard installed. These open comb Techs are from the late period, so thinner base, pressed diamond shape on the base. Lighter. Fun to go "from clogs to clogs" with these razors, the Tech inheriting the baseplate from the New and then decades on, the Tech developing teeth.

On my opinion, it does not get much better than the British New when it comes to Gillette. Solid. Cleverly marketed, too, as they swept up all manner of companies from 7 O'Clock to Nacet to Minora to Grøm ... all of which retained their names but adopted the New, as opposed to having their catalogue re-branded as Gillette.

Found this thread that might have some interesting tidbits in it for you.

... and a spin-off from that thread is this one: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-I-had-to-share-Gillette-sales-display-NOS-19 (Cheers! by the way).

attachment.php

My Nacet came in a similar case, black and clear.

Received this New Forest 2213 silvertip brush yesterday from @1morepasswill. Used it this morning and wow, love it.
The picture doesn't show it but there's a faint, beautiful marble effect in the resin and the knot felt excellent.

I...uh..also ate all the Jammie Dodgers the seller included :D

103udyu.jpg

Body Shop White Musk gift set for £12 after using website code promo code in store at London Euston. Normal price for EDT is £16, this includes AS balm and shower gel too.

27163m_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom