Acquisitions Mon 9th - Sun 15th May incl.

3p creme arrived this morning. Provence sante arrived last week ( cheers Pete )
Will combine them at my nect opportunity !!

Another very nice PIF from n1vlo arrived just now... (cheers mate)
Did this take two days from the U.K.? :eek:

And a notification from the post office to pick up a parcel (that may be from Vinny I suspect, but we'll see...) :D

Attachments

• Acq_09May.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 160
A Vie Long horse-hair brush. It actually arrived Friday but I went away for a long week-end so I did not have the chance to try it.

It smells slightly "chemically" at the moment but I'm sure a few uses will sort that issue out. It feels a bit firmer than a badger brush, I think it will be just the thing for lathering the Wool Fat.........

Well, it wasn't the BB soap from Vinny.

- Floid asb and as (Vigorosso);
- LEA soap stick;
- La Toja Manantiales soap bowl, all from Gifts & Care in Valencia, Spain.

Attachments

• Acq_09May_b.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 135
This beauty came in yesterday: a D3 Fatboy Executive in perfect shape. All lacquer intact, no plate loss, just a few very faint signs that is has been used a couple of times.

HPIM0339-small.jpg

HPIM0340-small.jpg

Marcel said:
This beauty came in yesterday: a D3 Fatboy Executive in perfect shape. All lacquer intact, no plate loss, just a few very faint signs that is has been used a couple of times.
]

Hi there,

Man, that's a great looking razor. Matter of fact, that's my go to model rather than a Fatboy. That Executive handle pattern is one of the nicest Gillette ever made, only seen on the razor you have and also the Toggle.

Very nice find,

Martin

Oh,,,,don't worry about the gold plating being removed during prolonged use. The one I have has been shaved with a few hundred times and the gold still looks very good.

Seeing that fine example I regret selling my Exec. I'm liking the look of my gold razors now, does that come with advancing years Martin? ;)

pugh-the-special-one said:
Good find Marcel, I hope you got it at the right price, price being a very important factor in any sort of dealing.

Jamie.
Does £38 sound like a good price? I was amazed when I won this auction considering the ridiculous prices regular fatboys can go for. This was the auction : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150593235259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0593235259</a><!-- m -->

Went hunting today and found a few bits, a Heavy English Ball Tech, an Ever Ready set (pics to follow after cleaning, i also picked up three Shaving Brushes, two From "Maitlands Picadilly" and one from "D R Harris", all Badger, now i don't know how old they are or who made them etc etc, anyone have info about this, Will be greatly appreciated, got the lot and brushes for £25.00.

Knots are perfect, just need a shampoo, will post decent pics tomorrow when clean and nice natural light available...

de93ac3d.jpg

74b8a1a1.jpg

1603c282.jpg

3201d4a3.jpg

df52d7bd.jpg

a6a47183.jpg

mattlad said:
A Vie Long horse-hair brush. It actually arrived Friday but I went away for a long week-end so I did not have the chance to try it.

It smells slightly "chemically" at the moment but I'm sure a few uses will sort that issue out. It feels a bit firmer than a badger brush, I think it will be just the thing for lathering the Wool Fat.........

I've used it a couple of times, the chemical smell has gone, it now smells a bit horsey.........

It is not too bad, but it does not seem to make prodigious amounts of lather like my Edwin Jagger pure badger brush. I'll use it a few more times and see if it gets better.........

sunburyboy93 said:
Went hunting today and found a few bits, a Heavy English Ball Tech, an Ever Ready set (pics to follow after cleaning, i also picked up three Shaving Brushes, two From "Maitlands Picadilly" and one from "D R Harris", all Badger, now i don't know how old they are or who made them etc etc, anyone have info about this, Will be greatly appreciated, got the lot and brushes for £25.00.

A. Maitland was the wee shavers' Mecca opposite Fortnum's - was a shop about half the size of your sofa but had *everything* for all men. Sadly they went mammaries skywards. No idea who made their brushes though.

Back
Top Bottom