Acquisitions Monday 21 October - Sunday 27 October 2013

tony4938 said:
I was surprised how small this was so i took a photo for size comparison:

I have something like this, the same box but if I remember rightly the hands is different. It's an Esdra as far as I can remember. I'll have to dig it out tonight.

It's a pretty cool little thing, I've not yet used it though. Very nice job on the cleaning!

SmallBeard said:
tony4938 said:
I was surprised how small this was so i took a photo for size comparison:

I have something like this, the same box but if I remember rightly the hands is different. It's an Esdra as far as I can remember. I'll have to dig it out tonight.

It's a pretty cool little thing, I've not yet used it though. Very nice job on the cleaning!

Yeah i'm trying to find a name and date for it.

Last purchases of the year, excepting the scret santa, and also fingers crossed I'll be going on a full sabbatical for next yer so this could be it for 12 months :angel:

100 Bic Chrome blades
100 Croma Diamant blades
200 Supermax stainless
200 Supermax Super Platinum
Semogue SOC boar
Prep shaving soap.

Well i went and visited my Mum and Dad last night (first time since i started DE shaving) and asked him did he have any old shving stuff he no longer uses from the 'old' days? And this is what he gave me;

Now the Paco Rabanne XS was actually mine from when i lived at home alomost 20 years ago and to this day is one of my favorite scents, so very happy to get this back.

Yesterday started with no Old Spice in my possesion and now i have three bottles!

The reason i went to see them was to drop my kids off with them as they are all going to Turkey for a week. Needless to say i put an order in for some Arko and any other Shaving stuff they come across!

Gillette Short Comb NEW. Shinier than a shiny thing, looking forward to comparing it to my long comb ones.

10480231705_958a41d0db.jpg

10480256454_b27863bcde.jpg

pugh-the-special-one said:
NOS Red Imp full hollow 5/8, came as a trade from a friend, one of the very few razors I receive that actually didn't need honing, just a good stropping.

Jamie, that's a very nice razor. The shape of the blade suggests its American(similar to Dubl Duck as well) however the writing logo reminds me Timor Blue Steel !

ah Jamie i remember that, hadnt the gentleman never even tried shaving with a cutthroat before and that was his first one and he also bought a super duper Neil Miller paddle strop. do you know if he actually took to shaving with it?

That's correct Pete, pretty serious blade to start your shaving career off with, I did warn him prior to his enquiry to purchase the razor about the square point but he wasn't to bothered by that, still I'm not to certain if he used the razor, it really was a beautiful looking Dubl Duck Goldedge.

Back
Top Bottom