Acquisitions w/c Mon 4th - Sun 10th June incl.

Some things from Connaughtshaving's auctions, hehe:

- Valobra "Fern" bath soap
- Musgo Real on-a-rope bath soap
- taking advantage of the shipping, some "sweets" for my girlfriend: Claus Porto roses bath foam and lotion and liquid hands soap Madrigal Lilly from Claus Porto as well

By the way, for curious people here you are bath soaps composition:

Valobra is tallow based, yumyum...

Cheers!

Not received it yet but think I have picked up one of these:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/1920s%20Pocket%20Edition%20No501-B.jpg
Came with a nice selection of vintage blades, which were actually the things that first caught my eye.

NotTheStig said:
Not received it yet but think I have picked up one of these:
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/1920s%20Pocket%20Edition%20No501-B.jpg
Came with a nice selection of vintage blades, which were actually the things that first caught my eye.

nice one.........:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

At a local shop, I spotted this cologne at an affordable price: Agua de Pravia 1905.
I thought it would have a hay/fern scent like the soap Heno de Pravia (which I love). After all, it is kind of a Spanish 4711, but a little more "rounded" and sweet, very nice and fresh for the Summer. As it was very affordable, it ended up inside the bag. :icon_cheesygrin:

P1060232.jpg

At one of those ebay actions from Connaught Shaving, I bid for a certain boar brush: an Omega 73645 "Premium Grade Pure Bristle". Obviously, I lost. :p

For my surprise, the next day, the brush was offered to me via ebay, as a "Second chance offer", for the value that I had bid before! :icon_cool:

To top it all, the brush was sent from UK at Wednesday, May 30th. Friday, June 1st, I had the postcard at my door to pick up the order at the post office. Only 2 days from UK to Portugal!! KUDOS to Paul Mayhew for his excellent service!!

Now the brush, Omega #45: it features a "Premium Grade" boar knot and a heavy, sturdy handle, capable of putting to shame some handles that I have made by Simpson or Rooney. The brush is heavy, it weights 93g, more than any other brush that I own, with one exception (a metal handled no-name brush). :heart:

The presentation box is simply luxurious, and rivals with that of my Vie-Long 2-band.

P1060245.jpg

I think I'm gonna like this one! :icon_cheesygrin: If not, well, I can always re-knot it with a 24mm TGN Finest (and what a stunning brush it would make...)

http://www.boots.com/en/Tweezerman-Men-Deluxe-Trimmer_927204/

On clearance in my local Boots for £4. I have a Groommate but this will do for chucking in my travel bag. They had two more that I should have picked up but I didn't realise how good a deal it was. I'll see if they are still there next time I'm in if anybody wants one.

Not even in my wildest dreams I expected to find items such as these at an old Portuguese drug-store...
But...
...sometimes dreams can come true!!!!:):D:):D

Two NOS Filarmonicas Doble Temple: a #13 and a #14!

P1060259.jpg

P1060268.jpg

P1060262.jpg

P1060261.jpg

P1060264.jpg

P1060260.jpg

P1060269.jpg

P1060266.jpg

Oversaturn: that's Paul for you (re Connaught Shaving)...

M A N :icon_eek: that was the catch of the year, a pair of NOS Filis (please let us now how much they was, if it's okay with you - on the other hand I'm not sure I want to know) :heart:

You can spare yourself the trip, Jamie... unfortunately that was all that they had, I bought the whole lot :D

I opened up the package of the Filarmonica 13: it is immaculate, just like it came out from the factory :icon_eek: :)

P1060270.jpg

Family photo :heart:

P1060272.jpg

Another bit of great service from Rod. I had a problem with the acrylic finnish on my Thuya Burl brush, so I sent it back to him to get sorted out. I thought it would be a simple job, but he had to make a complete new one. And he also included the Masur Birch one as a free gift.
Cannot get better service than that !!
Before the 1st test lather.[attachment=4931]

And after...........
[attachment=4933]

[attachment=4932]

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 40
Yellow Jim said:

http://www.boots.com/en/Tweezerman-Men-Deluxe-Trimmer_927204/

On clearance in my local Boots for £4. I have a Groommate but this will do for chucking in my travel bag. They had two more that I should have picked up but I didn't realise how good a deal it was. I'll see if they are still there next time I'm in if anybody wants one.

I've been looking at this style of trimmer for a while, for £4 it has to be money well spent, if you do come across anymore I'll gladly take it off your hands

I've been absent for too long :icon_sad:

I've still be shaving of course, but it took a recent trip to Turkey to rekindle the love as it were, (sorry for the pics, phone pics for ease of uploading :blush: )

A couple of bargain market buys, the brush is horse (apparently) and performs brilliantly and the handle is great to hold too. I've been using it to mix creams in the bowl to good effect.

IMG-20120606-00276.jpg

Arko cream just to try. Fonex AS's are brilliant on my skin, they cost less than £1.50 - I don't know how they do it!

IMG-20120606-00277.jpg

I've been after a badger SOC for ages, the Vintage Scent anniversary discount was just the excuse I needed. I LOVE the cherry wood handle, so it was a tough decision for me to choose the ash to compliment my SOC boar. I hope I made the right decision..... It only came today so I've not even test lathered it yet. Here's the two together:

IMG-20120606-00278.jpg

Back
Top Bottom