Acquisitions - week Mar. 7th to Mar. 13th incl.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

After a slight delay, the vintage Halston soaps finally arrived today. Have't tried it yet, but will whip up a batch later on (for science). Right now the puck has been stuck (using a little boiling water) to the bottom of a 2 cup Anchor Hocking glass bowl, and I need for it to set up a bit so it won't come loose later.

The puck still has some light fragrance to it (nice scent), and it'll be interesting to see how this performs in the morning. Sadly, there's no list of ingredients on the label......I'm guessing these are from the 70s or early 80s era. Here's a pic of a wrapped and unwrapped soap.

Hiya,

Since that last post I've used this soap twice, and found it's just not for me. Maybe I'm too finicky or maybe I didn't find the sweet spot, but I'm done with this. The performance was a bit lacking in my case.

I'm gonna be selling some of the pucks on ebay soon, so think about this update if you're gonna bid on some.

Martin

Well thanks to huxley (Darren)after me hassling him, I now have the Prima razor I wanted since he let me borrow it, And look it matches my brush

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 47
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 47
Well mr postman was busy today I have enough of the William soap to last a few months :D and some new cream to try as well, And also my friend sent me a boar brush that he made and I tried that 1st thing, The new Fido brush arrived today as well but the Wife is not sure about it and has said it looks a little like leopard print :evil: so I hope it grows on her other wise like my scuttle I had, I may find it missing :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 43
  • IMG_0224.JPG
  • IMG_0223.JPG
Fine looking razor over5feet.

I think my tenner on fleabay paid off, seller pic:

which turned out to be a Kropp and another marked "Tuckmar, best quality silver solingen steel"

The Kropp seems to be taking a nice edge with minimal effort but the Tuckmar will need a bit more time as the toe is a little flea bitten. Both could use a scrub up, hoping I can get them looking better without dismantling them. The strop is padded and has what appears to be denim on one side and maybe well worn linen on the other.

A puck of shaving soap from some local artisan manufacturers. Three 'scents' available, I got one to try, the 'marine' (blue colour). Cost was around £3.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 89
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 89
over5feet said:
Well mr postman was busy today I have enough of the William soap to last a few months :D and some new cream to try as well, And also my friend sent me a boar brush that he made and I tried that 1st thing, The new Fido brush arrived today as well but the Wife is not sure about it and has said it looks a little like leopard print :evil: so I hope it grows on her other wise like my scuttle I had, I may find it missing :lol:

I'm a bit worried about the colour - it was a bit more like this when it left the Forest. Certainly a bit more blue!

Attachments

• perla.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 86
I like the feel of this razor. The wait was worth it.

Off and on waiting list since August 2010. Never quite beat the crowd and they were always out by the time I arrived on site. Got the bugle call the other day and finely connected. Very fast delivery. Now to get ready for the SOTD and photos. Yes the mechanism works the way "they" say.

The weight reminds me of the Futur. You can see the price increased since 2010; 2009 they were $60 USD.

Regards, Robert

Attachments

• Mergress XL.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 81
Northam Saint said:
Just won 100 Gillette Nacet stainless blades on Ebay for £1.04 + £2.00 postage. Cheap enough to use once and bin at 3p inc postage.

Mine cost me £2.25 plus postage the week before - loading up tonight to give them a blast. If they are any good I'll be bidding on his next stash he's got on the bay at the moment.

Have you tried yet? Any good? I think others have used the platinum ones with the two crocs on the lable.

totalfusion said:
Northam Saint said:
Just won 100 Gillette Nacet stainless blades on Ebay for £1.04 + £2.00 postage. Cheap enough to use once and bin at 3p inc postage.

Mine cost me £2.25 plus postage the week before - loading up tonight to give them a blast. If they are any good I'll be bidding on his next stash he's got on the bay at the moment.

Have you tried yet? Any good? I think others have used the platinum ones with the two crocs on the lable.

No I haven't tried them yet as they haven't arrived.

I haven't been DE shaving for long and so far the Yellow 7 o'clock are the ones I like the best. Someone on here said the Nacet are close to the 7's, not sure if they meant the stainless, but I thought what the heck. If I don't like they I will pif them on.

Fido said:
over5feet said:

I'm a bit worried about the colour - it was a bit more like this when it left the Forest. Certainly a bit more blue!

It may have been that I took it at night with my phone, Here is a better one (the wife still thinks its Leopard print :D )

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom