Adjustable razor list and favourites

Hello folks,

I'm really getting into adjustable razors and fancy trying out everything I can get my hands on. The only thing I'm not really interested in doing is trying out different plated similar razors.

Off my head, I can come up with the list below. Please help me out, and hopefully anyone else interested in adjustables, by adding to it... :)

Gillette Fatboy, Gillette Executive, Gillette Slim, Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette Toggle.

Merkur Progress, Mergress and Digress. Merkur Futur, Merkur Vision.

Are there are more adjustable razors about, current or vintage? Also, any thoughts on what's your favourite and why?

Cheers,

Mark

I have tried several adjustables, old and new ones and the only one I've kept is the Merkur Digress, but I have to say adjustables are not my favorite choice of razors so ....

apollo mikron, walbusch, lecoq adjustable also you have the red dot and bottom dial fatboy's the super adjustable then there was that unusual techmatic that was on ebay a few months ago there are more but just can't remember atm....

There's also the Persona Precision, ERFA Rasant, ERFA R3, Brilliant Deluxe and the L'essor Supreme for DE's. There was also a few Myatt Daymark's that were adjustables.

The Techmatic band razor was also an adjustable and the Wilkinson Sword Empire when it comes to SE's.

I prefer the Digress (or the normal Progress for that matter) above a Fatboy, and I'm just talking about the shaving result then. In the end you'll only know which one you like best by trying them IMHO. Give these two razors to a dozen people and opinions will be all over the place.

Gravy said:
Darwin Adjustable, one sold on ebay tonight, the seller made a mistake and called it a Dawin though which lost him about £400, doh!

A couple of people wanted it more than me in the end.

It went for a very good price but (I think) the reqson for that is the top plate was damaged.

It looked like someone had bent all four corners of the top plate in and that's what stopped me bidding. I looked at a couple on B&B and they weren't like that (and neither is my Darwin).

If it hadn't been like that I'd have bidded considerably more than the winner.

Tall_Paul said:
Gravy said:
Darwin Adjustable, one sold on ebay tonight, the seller made a mistake and called it a Dawin though which lost him about £400, doh!

A couple of people wanted it more than me in the end.

It went for a very good price but (I think) the reqson for that is the top plate was damaged.

It looked like someone had bent all four corners of the top plate in and that's what stopped me bidding. I looked at a couple on B&B and they weren't like that (and neither is my Darwin).

If it hadn't been like that I'd have bidded considerably more than the winner.

Hi Paul, you got a link to the auction please. Just interested to se what they are fetching now.

Back
Top Bottom