After Shave Advice

I spend less money on food

@Barry Giddens - I have been 'proper' shaving for 6-odd years. My experience was that - initially I bought loads of stuff in an unfocused fashion but this has calmed down as I have learned what type of products work for me. Probably the best thing I did was not buy anything for a year - about halfway through - and properly learn about and how to use the stuff I owned already. I do pick up a new soap or aftershave now and again - of course - more based on scents I'm getting into or companies I have previously discovered make excellent products. I have a - relatively to some people here - small rotation of razors and brushes but they are all excellent for me in their own way. That said, I did buy a vintage adjustable from another member recently and it turned out to be brilliant. Enjoy the journey. I

Thanks Digimonkey. Yes that makes perfect sense. I am becoming more focused in my purchases as I have developed a routine that works for me and as I realise which products work best on my face. So Im sure that i will be less profligate in a few months time. But its fun, and I can (almost) afford it!

Hello, Barry. I see a lot of guys (and not only, apparently ) answered your question, and I came here to throw in another piece of knowledge.
The alcohol-based aftershave could harm your skin, along with the bacteria that it kills. At the same time, there are good and bad, cheap and expensive products. If you happen to find a not-so-cheap one that fits your skin, you should have no trouble. Of course, there is always the moisturizer based aftershave that can help you out or an electric shaver with moisturizer on it. I recommend the Remington WDF5030A. You can find it reviewed, amongst other four, here: https://bestshavingsolution.com/5-best-electric-shavers-for-sensitive-skin/.

Thanks for that Ben. But I must say, since I ditched my electric shaver and cartridge system razors and took up DE shaving, my skin has never felt and looked better.

Back
Top Bottom