After the One again

I do understand how the same razor might feel different to different people because we use different blades - that's the big difference. That, and blades feel different to different people. BIC Chrome Platinum as an example is hand-down the worse shave ever in any razor for quite a good number of people but also the surprising pinnacle of all blades out there for some folks.
Yes it strange that the blades can generate such extreme opinions; as well as the BIC that you mention, the legendary Astra SP is for many experienced people merely very average or very terrible.

I have worked out for myself over the years that one can have a "Bad Shave" day just like we can have a "Bad Hair" day when the result is bad for no apparent reason. That is why i am convinced there is a need with shaving to keep everything the same for at least three consecutive shaves, before you can draw any meaningful conclusions.

I guess the shaving process is a combination of very fine and precise parameters across prep, soap, blade, razor and technique to achieve that "perfect wave" moment

Yes it strange that the blades can generate such extreme opinions; as well as the BIC that you mention, the legendary Astra SP is for many experienced people merely very average or very terrible.

I have worked out for myself over the years that one can have a "Bad Shave" day just like we can have a "Bad Hair" day when the result is bad for no apparent reason. That is why i am convinced there is a need with shaving to keep everything the same for at least three consecutive shaves, before you can draw any meaningful conclusions.

I guess the shaving process is a combination of very fine and precise parameters across prep, soap, blade, razor and technique to achieve that "perfect wave" moment
Fully concur with your conclusion. Last year a rarely changed razors and pretty much kept the prep and soap choice the same yet I had variable shave experiences even when using the same blade. Not much variation but enough to make you wonder how many variables are in this game?

It's an awesome razor but I can't do a headshave with it.
Im thinking of sending it to America to get it polished
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Gamechanger .68 for me. I’d like to try the .76 though as that could be the sweet spot. I’m hoping Reggie’s Jupiter is the British option I crave as the EJ 3one6 dursn’t float me boat. But really, I’m fine with what I have. Honest…

Back
Top Bottom