Aftershave recommendations

Hi All,

I have sensitive skin and naturally prone to ingrown hairs. I haven't had much experience in aftershave balms/splashes/colognes. I currently use nivea sensitive or proraso sensitive. i feel like trying a new aftershave and want to know what you recommend?

Speick thirded - it might seem that an alcohol based splash would irritate sensitive skin, but in actuality it's a really good aid to healing. Once it's dried off, you might care to follow up with a balm but go with the aftershave first.

Can't comment on DR Harris pink, but I also love Marlborough. Different effect to speick though.

Isiah speaks the truth, Verdon is very gentle and great for a spruce up. I also have the Harris Pink and like it a lot.

Remember that all these "gentle" aftershave splashes don't have much longevity, they're not colognes. You'll smell pleasant for an hour or so.

Witch hazel works well for me. For a fragranced one I use Prof Blighty's witch hazel aftershave. Alcohol based ones cause skin erruptions on my face. Prof B also supplies a balm in matching scents to the A/Ss & colognes which is very soothing.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I would try the "Lucky Tiger" products. The shave cream; and the shave and face tonic. If your looking for a nice product that will make your face fantastic these are it!

Johnus said:
I would try the "Lucky Tiger" products. The shave cream; and the shave and face tonic. If your looking for a nice product that will make your face fantastic these are it!

Ello Yank,

You and I both like those things, although I only use the aftershave myself. Great for the hot months especially. Very light orange/citrus scent that's gone in a minute. No burn, which is good for me.

Supposed to be all natural ingredients.

Re: RE: Aftershave recommendations

brushfan said:
I think the Harris balm is rose scented so make sure you like that first. Not sure on the pink splash.

The pink ASL is rose scented too, but the fragrance lasts few minutes.
It has no alcohol. For alcoholic splashes I'll go for Speick and for balms Floris or Weleda

Back
Top Bottom