All those other gillette blades?

Gillette 7 o'clock blades seem to be universally recommended but what about all the other types Gillette make.

Connaught lists 5 other types;

Goal Stainless (India)
Silver Blue Stainless (Russia)
Rubie Platinum Plus (Russia)
Super Thin New Improved Stainless (China)
Super Thin Platinum (China)

Any of these particularly good or particularly bad?

BazC said:
Gillette 7 o'clock blades seem to be universally recommended but what about all the other types Gillette make.

Connaught lists 5 other types;

Goal Stainless (India)
Silver Blue Stainless (Russia)
Rubie Platinum Plus (Russia)
Super Thin New Improved Stainless (China)
Super Thin Platinum (China)

Any of these particularly good or particularly bad?

Goal - average all-round
Silver Blue - not tried
Rubie - pretty smooth and sharp, only lasts 2-3 shaves for me
Super Thins (both) - very nice - sharp, smooth, long lasting.
In the DE Blades section there is a sticky entitled Blade Review spreadsheet which I have been putting together for some time.

Thanks for the info! I did check your spreadsheet but there doesn't seem to be any info on these, Superthin is there but no figures. It's a great resource though, thanks for compiling it!

No problem. It's probably more use to me than to you since we all differ, and swapping razors can affect the result too, but it is hopefully a good starting point. I've updated the link at the top of the Blade Reviews spreadsheet sticky thread since the up-to-date one was several posts further down, but here are the Super Thins:
SuperThinreview.png

I found Gillette Super Blue blades very good, they are sharp and provide a good shave, however these are produced for the Chinese market, so hard to get in the west, but I bought some when I was in China.

The Goals are fine, I've only tried a few but they seemed pretty good. They're very easy to get hold of and pretty cheap. Doesn't Honeymonster use them regularly?

They're definitely worth a try. Bestshave does a blade sample pack with them in (that's how I tried them) so if there are others in the sample you want to try that's probably the best option.

I do like the 365 and never seen the Orange 7 o'clocks. One to keep an eye out for

NotTheStig said:
They're definitely worth a try. Bestshave does a blade sample pack with them in (that's how I tried them) so if there are others in the sample you want to try that's probably the best option.

Yup, I might well do that!

Dipesh said:
No mention of the Indian blacks? These are the best by far for me. Sharp and smooth.

I've never seen them, where can you get hold of some?

Back
Top Bottom