Am still waiting in anticipation

If they were to add a Sandalwood, Rose and Fern like soap to that range, i could see some of these long standing institutes of gentlemanly shaving suppliers going into a nervous melt down.

RB73 said:
If they were to add a Sandalwood, Rose and Fern like soap to that range, i could see some of these long standing institutes of gentlemanly shaving suppliers going into a nervous melt down.
A big Yes! to all three! Hopefully the fougere will have a more fern-like impression than Martin de Candre's. If the sandalwood was more Proraso than Taylor's I'd be well on board with that.

Why have D R Harris never made a rose scented hard soap?

I have Valobra stick and its not better then Palmolive or Arko stick, as a matter of fact they lather better then Valobra stick. Also got the so called Menthol soft soap, Its disappointing very little menthol feeling and smell in it. I prefer Proraso to Valobra all day long, when comes to soft soap.
I guess I am the only one not excited about these soaps

That's interesting to note Sezer, I too prefer the Proraso over the Valobra, but only by a gnat's whisker. What I find the Valobra soft soap does have over the Proraso is longevity, which is why I'll be intrigued to try these new variants.

I understand what you are saying Steve, shaving stick is the one I didn't get on very well. Soft soap is ok, the disappointing part is the weak menthol. Proraso is the legend I will say when it comes to Italian shaving stuff, overtaking valobra

Sezer74 said:
I have Valobra stick and its not better then Palmolive or Arko stick, as a matter of fact they lather better then Valobra stick. Also got the so called Menthol soft soap, Its disappointing very little menthol feeling and smell in it. I prefer Proraso to Valobra all day long, when comes to soft soap.
I guess I am the only one not excited about these soaps

Nope I'm with you, much prefer Proraso to the Valobra menthol. I've not used my Valobra in so long it's gone a horrible yellow colour on top. I've recently got the stick but not tried it out yet.

For menthol Proraso is better, for a soft Italian croap, then Cella is better and I have to say the recent price hike for Valobra soaps put them well out of my thinking.

I recently stopped by Czech & Speake to pick up a puck of Oxford & Cambridge that I wanted to try, but they were out and weren't getting any more for at least a month. That prompted me to purchase a couple tallow-based Valobra sticks online instead (purportedly Valobra manufactures C&S's soaps). I grated them into a tin and have been very impressed with the quality. I find it easy to lather, very slick and protective. It has a rather faint, old fashioned soapy scent that I really like and actually prefer to more pungent scents.

Based on my experience with the stick I wouldn't think twice about trying the new soaps once they come out. I notice on Valobra's website that they will be sold in jars, which makes me wonder if they're trying to compete with Martin de Candre (and will be priced accordingly...)

Back
Top Bottom