Any experience of this ebay trader?

Afternoon chaps.
I'm currently working-through (at long last:blush:) the final couple of blade types that came as part of the Connaught sample pack I bought about 18 months ago. One of the packs I'd not got around to trying was a pack of "Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack" blades, which I understand are Indian-made Wilkies similar, if not identical, to the "Gillette Wilkinson Sword" blades that I've seen elsewhere. Anyway, yesterday, I loaded one of the saloon pack blades into my 34c and enjoyed a smooth, comfortable, effortless shave. Other blades give me a closer shave with the same comfort level, but, given how cheap I recalled the saloon pack blades were, I decided to get myself some as an everyday option.

Unfortunately, Paul no longer stocks them, and a cursory web search revealed that ebay seems to be the only source left for these blades. I've found the following seller:

harerama-harekrishna

offering 110 of them for $15, which, apparently, is around £9.65. However, despite his 100% feedback score so far, something about his sellers' page is causing my antennae to twitch. Maybe it's the patriarchal and rather pious photo of a chap and his family (which I imagine is supposed to be himself and his wife and kids), which seems to be trying to prove his good character, I don't know. For all I know, it may be a cultural thing, but I wondered if anyone has had any dealings with him or knows anything that I ought to bear in mind before I take the plunge.

Every shop, restaurant, home , office, factory, de dah in India has a garland festooned picture of the founding ancestor in a place of honour. A cultural thing, as you correctly put it.

I was going to say hang on till I try a blade but I see he offers free postage to UK. As you like them and at 10p a blade - go for it!

chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
Alternatively - wait and see what happens to my purchase of them.

So you're going to order some from him, Carl? If so, I think I might let you be the guinea pig.:angel:

I've ordered from this seller before and had no trouble.They work out at £9.01from him.Seller ID is shreemanshreemati

chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
Alternatively - wait and see what happens to my purchase of them.

So you're going to order some from him, Carl? If so, I think I might let you be the guinea pig.:angel:

Ordered hours ago. Don't let a good deal slip by! All on your recommendation mind - I don't have one in stock.

Sorry chaps - I don't understand the last two posts at all - I thought the sellers' ID was "harerama-harekrishna ", and I'm confused about Carl saying about ordering "one" when what I'm referring to re blades. Me being slow, I know that.

chrisbell said:
Sorry chaps - I don't understand the last two posts at all - I thought the sellers' ID was "harerama-harekrishna ", and I'm confused about Carl saying about ordering "one" when what I'm referring to re blades. Me being slow, I know that.

I thought I had 'one' blade in the pile to be tested - but I don't. I've ordered 110.

Bechet45 said:
chrisbell said:

I thought I had 'one' blade in the pile to be tested - but I don't. I've ordered 110.

Ah I see. If you don't mind, I'll wait and see what your experience is like.:angel:

chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
chrisbell said:

Ah I see. If you don't mind, I'll wait and see what your experience is like.:angel:

And what if I do mind?

Bechet45 said:
chrisbell said:
Bechet45 said:
chrisbell said:

And what if I do mind?

Well, then I'll place the order now.

You are a very honest man, Chris! How would I know and why would I care? I've just ordered some Perma-Sharps from Bulgaria - claimed as made in Russia for the Turkish market. The ones on sale from Turkey are made in Turkey, they state.

I'm sorry mate, you've got me completely confused!

What I was asking initially was whether anyone here had any dealings with the seller I mentioned or whether they'd heard about anyone else's experience with him, good or bad. Your input on the cultural significance of the posed family photo was interesting and useful, but then the thread seemed to go off at a tangent. Having tried the blade in question as part of a Connaught sampler pack, I found that they no longer sell them - a Google search led me to the ebay guy. I'm certainly not asking for anyone else to "take one for the team" with me - I thought you said you wanted to order some, so I jokingly suggested I'd wait to see if you got fleeced before I placed an order - but that wasn't a serious remark.

EDIT - I've placed a Buy It Now order on these.

Blades have arrived in true Indian style! Packaging all cellotaped and nailed together with staples - I had to cut it apart.

I'll try one tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom