Any Idea As To Age?

Hi guys
I have a Wade & Butcher straight I was given a few years ago and I've done some research...however, I cannot figure out the approx year, decade etc as to when this was made. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
tempImageYYmk4R.pngtempImagedcjcAg.png

Looks like it was re-ground to a hollow grind at some point. Probably an early 1900's razor, going by the coffin design and the longer blade tail.

Sorry, can't help more than that.

Looks like it was re-ground to a hollow grind at some point. Probably an early 1900's razor, going by the coffin design and the longer blade tail.

Sorry, can't help more than that.
That's what I've been led to believe as well. I found a pic that showed a razor with the same stamp but the blade had a barber's notch at the end of the blade.

Dating blades is notoriously difficult. One thing that helps here is the fact that ‘England’ is stamped as part of the makers mark. The McKinley tariff act of 1890 required country of origin to be included - so we can surmise that the razor was made after that date. That’s about all I can offer apart from referring you to the huge amount of information on makers on the SRP site. This has many pictures so you may be able to check on whether your blade is original or re-ground.

Back
Top Bottom