Anyone purchase from SLRHut?

@pugh-the-special-one if camera is significantly cheaper it might be import from HK or mainland China. As then warranty is valid in country of purchase Iike China or HK
My first Nikon bought from Amazon marketplace was as you described, a grey market item warrantied by a Chinese seller. The SLRHut Nikon came from New York and was fully warrantied by a third-party company (I forget the name but they warranty all kinds of electronics), and the serial number was recognized by Nikon when I registered it online. There is a huge mark up on electronics, watches, etc., so I think a seller can discount heavily on such an item and still make a nice profit.

My first Nikon bought from Amazon marketplace was as you described, a grey market item warrantied by a Chinese seller. The SLRHut Nikon came from New York and was fully warrantied by a third-party company (I forget the name but they warranty all kinds of electronics), and the serial number was recognized by Nikon when I registered it online. There is a huge mark up on electronics, watches, etc., so I think a seller can discount heavily on such an item and still make a nice profit.

Before buying a grey import Seiko I did a lot of investigation. Wanting to know if the company was legit etc. One of the things I found is that someone who purchased from them had a problem with the watch. They went to Seiko here in the U.K. They confirmed the serial number was correct and fixed it. So not all grey imports won't be fixed by the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom