Anyone shave at night?

I've been quite surprised by the number of evening shavers, I would have reckoned from reading other threads that most guys shaved in the morning.

I used to find shaving at night a bit uncomfortable. I think this was because I did it immediately before bed and my face felt a bit tender when I hit the pillow. So, I never used to do very often. Now though, I regularly shave in the evening, often when my children are in the bath and I can get it done while keeping an eye on them. Occasionally, I even let them lather up my face!

I think that it because I now usually shave around 7pm and my face has had time to 'recover', I enjoy it. I've also found that some Proraso shaving lotion followed by an aftershave balm helps speed the recovery along!

Having said all that, I still prefer my shave on a Saturday or Sunday morning when none of the kids are around and I can relax!

James

No, I'm a morning shaver. If I do it the evening before I'll look like Bluebeard by 8am.

I've done it at times, usually if I'm up at stupid o'clock (say 4am) and I have bare minimum time, then I'll shave before bed. I do like it, and can see the benefits. I just don't get away with how it looks on a normal work day.

Rather depends on my shift. If im on the early start then I will shave the night before. If not then I'll shave in the morning. I am always first up and first in the shower in my house so I have time.

I'm an evening shaver too. The only problem is my pillow is covered in blood spots where I've nicked myself! Should shave earlier I guess (or be less cackhanded).

Wow, quite a few evening shavers then!

Had my shave last night, skin felt nicer after a hot shower and more prep time, however still nicked myself on the chin a few times, mainly due to a foggy bathroom, poor lighting and slightly odd razor angles, can't see very well due to the mirror being fogged up and the bathroom light being crap.

Skin felt nice this morning though as the night cream helped with the recovery process! Think I'll stick to doing morning shaves however cos I can see what I'm doing better!

I have to get up at 6am for work and I'm not shaving at that time - I've got time for a shower, cereal and coffee and then I'm in the car.

I evening shave but it's really not necessary in my job to be clean shaven so it's more of a relaxation thing. I do like a Sunday morning shave though.

I'm so glad that there are loads of gentlemen here who happily admit soap dodging in the morning.

I had an outdoor physical job for years so there was no point showering in the morning. Now I'm "supervisory" I still leave the shower and shave 'til the evening, but as a brief watch of the telly shows people have showers in the morning, so Ive always felt a bit guilty even though the only people who I deal with are the smelly buggers I used to be.

I'm learning loads here, keep it up :icon_biggrin:

I almost always shave in the morning unless I am getting up stupidly early (e.g. to catch a flight) and simply can't shave that early due to poor light or being unable to function at stupid times like that!

I'm amazed the number of people that shave in the evenings. Sure, it's a great way to relax, but then what's the point of getting a BBS if by the morning you have nine o'clock shadow? All that work is wasted in the darkness! Plus slapping on some Forest Fresh in the evenings seems a bit dramatic! I like to follow a mantra I heard on a you tube video: "Start your day with something that doesn't suck!". I get up earlier and enjoy a relaxing shave in the morning to start my day right.

jeepie said:
I'm amazed the number of people that shave in the evenings. Sure, it's a great way to relax, but then what's the point of getting a BBS if by the morning you have nine o'clock shadow? All that work is wasted in the darkness! Plus slapping on some Forest Fresh in the evenings seems a bit dramatic! I like to follow a mantra I heard on a you tube video: "Start your day with something that doesn't suck!". I get up earlier and enjoy a relaxing shave in the morning to start my day right.

I'm with you on this, jeepie. I see no point in shaving late at night unless you have a very early start or your job means you have no need to shave or they simply don't care. I only shave three times a week, but when I do, it's the highlight of the day.

Back
Top Bottom