Anyone still use a Filofax ?

I have purchased my mum a nice personal sized leather Finsbury Filofax in raspberry as one of her Xmas gifts this year.

I was only eight years old in the "80s" boom when three were popular amongst the yuppies

They seem to be popular again and having a bit of a revival, so any of you boys use one ?

Or is it all phone and tablet based these days ?

Best

Steve

Only 2 people ever text me, one is SWMBO the other is Domino's pizza....

I do however use a hardback A4 year planner for work, I find writing things down helps me remember em.

Never without the slimline, I've used the same tooled leather case for years but purely for things to do and appointments etc. I think everyone gave up using the phone and contact sections long, long ago.

I have tried to replace it with Outlook, but between work computer, iPad and Blackberry it is much easier having a written reference.

I like writing things down, and do so prolifically both at work and at home.

I still keep a Filofax in the house for things I need to remember like insurance renewals, appointments, kid's extra-curricular activities and so on. I also keep several Moleskine hardback notebooks to hand in my home office for taking notes about this, that and t'other.

Yes, phones and tablets have their place but, for me personally, they will never replace the simple tactile pleasure and art of putting pen to paper.

I've had a Finsbury previously and it is a great little number by the way - definitely a nice present.

Sunburyboy93 said:
Northam Saint said:
For me it's a Moleskine Diary, and one of my homemade leather Midori covers with Rhodia notepads.

Those look nice really nice

They are.

I have one. and after 5 minutes of frustratedly
trying to send something between mine and a mates smart
phone the other night, I whipped it out and
used a fountain pen to write out the info, tore out a leaf and
handed it to him.

Frustration over :)

I don't know if Sean is selling more

I use an A5 Filofax for keeping track of when and where I'm working, also for what I'm spending due to my debit card being cloned a couple of times and now check the monthly statements VERY carefully.

I was given a nice leather personal sized that I've never used as it's just that bit too small for me.

Fish

Swambo was using one till 2013, but she kept forgetting appointments. Nexus 7 with a Gmail calendar with reminders sorted her out, never missed anything since.
She synch it to my calendar so we both can keep an eye on things, this was never possible with paper and the time pressures we have to juggle.

gazza said:
Sunburyboy93 said:
Northam Saint said:
For me it's a Moleskine Diary, and one of my homemade leather Midori covers with Rhodia notepads.

Those look nice really nice

They are.

I have one. and after 5 minutes of frustratedly
trying to send something between mine and a mates smart
phone the other night, I whipped it out and
used a fountain pen to write out the info, tore out a leaf and
handed it to him.

Frustration over :)

I don't know if Sean is selling more

Cheers Gazza.

I had already PM'd Steve and he has one winging its way to him, fee of charge. I may have to make another batch.

Upto a few years ago I used one until I got fed up of the price of inserts.

Anyway recently I decided to start using one again but thought I would do it a bit differently.

Managed to find a nice hand made leather 2 hole a5 binder/organiser with a stud flap and bought some a5 dividers.

I now print all my own inserts, they are all available online. Hey presto I got all I need.

Here is some paper you can use http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-a5-plain-refill-pads-pack-of-4/232616

And here is a site for inserts http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

This is very easy if you use a5 like I do, for personal size you may need to innovate a bit

Back
Top Bottom