AoS in the US

Can any of our American brethren clarify that they can still get hold of the Tallow based AoS soaps state side. Every retailer i can find this side that sells it seems to have the newer veggie based version.

Cheers in advance.

I've look at a number of sites I order from in the US and Canada. It seems that the stock they have is the glycerine and cocoanut oil one. Sorry. May be some one else has another source.

The alternative to look for is Czech & Speake, albeit in different scents, but nonetheless all made by Valobra who made the tallow soap version of Art of Shaving.

Not sure about the creams but the soaps have definitely been reformulated. Apparently they've ditched Valobra and now are manufactured in the US. It's supposed to be a good performer though.

A few shave vendors - Bullgoose in the US and at least one European vendor - are launching their own Valobra sourced line, including an English Fern type scent.

Johnus said:
I've look at a number of sites I order from in the US and Canada. It seems that the stock they have is the glycerine and cocoanut oil one. Sorry. May be some one else has another source.

Cheers John, seems most of the talk is by people being able to walk into bricks and mortar and being able to check the boxes for tallow.

asharperrazor said:
I think Lee's Razors has some still. And if not Lee's, then another of the online vendors.

Out of stock now :icon_cry2:

rum said:
The alternative to look for is Czech & Speake, albeit in different scents, but nonetheless all made by Valobra who made the tallow soap version of Art of Shaving.

Damn fine soaps those, had the 88 and it lathered with the best of them.

antdad said:
Not another blinking reformulation?!

Their sandalwood shaving cream is one of my all time favorites and the soap wasn't too shabby either.

Bloody typical isn't it, just getting into a Sandalwood phase and they have all turned into poxy tree huggers.

Cant use Taylors or C&E as they irritate my face, Trumper's soaps have nosedived drastically and T&H Sandalwood isn't for me.

Shame its taken this long for Sandalwood to appeal to me, as the sample of the AoS cream you sent over a couple of years ago was a great performer.

Yellow Jim said:
Not sure about the creams but the soaps have definitely been reformulated. Apparently they've ditched Valobra and now are manufactured in the US. It's supposed to be a good performer though.

A few shave vendors - Bullgoose in the US and at least one European vendor - are launching their own Valobra sourced line, including an English Fern type scent.

Have seen a few posts with regards to this Jim, sound interesting especially being Valobra and with Fern and Sandalwood being thrown into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom