April 2017 Acquisitions

@Blackmass - R. - thankfully it seemed to get a bit better for you. If nothing else I hope it works as an aftershave for you. Just goes to show - noses, we all have them but subjectively - one man's poison etc. What's the other RR like? I

Yes as you say, like most things, scent is very subjective. The original Aventus is a controversial scent within its self any way, with the it varying between different batches etc.

It dried down very similar to the Platinum after a few hours and did last a long time. I just wasn't keen on the opening though.
I'm yet to give the XXX good test. I'll be trying it tomorrow night.

Yes as you say, like most things, scent is very subjective. The original Aventus is a controversial scent within its self any way, with the it varying between different batches etc.

It dried down very similar to the Platinum after a few hours and did last a long time. I just wasn't keen on the opening though.
I'm yet to give the XXX good test. I'll be trying it tomorrow night.

R. Cheers - I didn't know that there could be variation between bottles of Aventus. I've only ever had one. Now finished and replaced with Bois de Portugal. I'll dig out my Fine Platinum for my next shave. See how it goes. I

View attachment 24927 These landed today all the way from the U.S. with thanks to fellow fourm member @dodgy aka Martin for his generosity, I received a PM out of the blue a few weeks ago asking if I would like to try some vintage NOS blades after he saw a post from me asking someone about the Personna 74 blades he was using. I shall be getting stuck into these over the next few months. Thanks again Martin, top man. :)
View attachment 24927

Some outstanding blades there - nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some outstanding blades there - nice work.

Yes I was very lucky to have such a generous benefactor and have already started this morning with one of the Personna 74 blades, a blade I've been wanting to try for a while now. I will be as happy as a pig in mud hole for some time to come. :)

@Shaverrific666 - where did you find the metal case for the shave stick?

Hello Tom.. the metal tube is a pricy little bit of kit from PILS in Germany..they make very high end items. As I travel a lot for work I figured I would treat myself..bought it a while ago. No complaints. There DE is excellent too! Please don't think I am enabling here..;)

Good luck!

Hello Tom.. the metal tube is a pricy little bit of kit from PILS in Germany..they make very high end items. As I travel a lot for work I figured I would treat myself..bought it a while ago. No complaints. There DE is excellent too! Please don't think I am enabling here..;)

Good luck!

Like you - I travel a bit, and the Valobra stick is a favourite. Cheers for the intel!

Backup original Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap
94iwj8n.jpg

Good luck!
80 euro?!?! :eek: that's a lot of money! Lovely object but cannot believe the price!

Lots of products bought this month

50 Derby blades
5 Astra blades
Edwin Jagger de89
Tabac soap
Truefitt &Hill No10 cream
Alum block

And a surprise gift from Amazon arrived yesterday. . . . Proraso pre shave!
I didn't order this item.
Inside the package was a slip saying we hope you enjoy your gift !
I looked into this and it seems that Amazon sometimes send you items that you have viewed free of charge.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Back
Top Bottom