Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

I guess i will start this one with a darwin "super steel" straight. 12 quid from an antique shop, a fair few small chips in the blade so straight onto the 1k stone when i find time but apart from that in pretty great condition. I think they are bone scales, the mark is from the price sticker.
c37714bee234145f36b915db6b58bc8d.jpg

Wow! Never seen a Darwin straight.

I would imagine that is worth a pretty penny.
The razor looks to be in decent shape and will look good when the blade and scales are cleaned - however, as to value, I'm not aware that the make is classed as more valuable than most other Sheffield razors.

The razor looks to be in decent shape and will look good when the blade and scales are cleaned - however, as to value, I'm not aware that the make is classed as more valuable than most other Sheffield razors.
Also labelled 'Darwins' on the tang as opposed to 'Darwin' as it is on the blade

Received a very dirty but functionally/mechanically very sound Gillette Sheraton.
25s0ms5.jpg

It goes well with my other - still to be cleaned - Gillette Sheratons. I think I have SHAD.
34o1u8z.jpg

2rgl1n6.jpg

One day they will get cleaned....

Also received my second New Forest brush this past week - a 2041 (20mm Best badger). Super soft with a great backbone.
It's a brand new directly from Peter and it might just be the best $19 I've spent on shaving gear this year.

35klhnb.jpg

Here it is next to my 2213 silverip that is a near favorite brush these days:
23msdj7.jpg

...and next to an SOC brush for a sense of scale:
2yn54wi.jpg

A Henso / Henkels DE - Chrome head and a brass handle - its absolutely rock solid and has they typical 'safety bar but with open comb teeth' head that Henkels put on their DE razors - if it's anything like the other Henkels I have it'll be nicely aggressive.
I literally didn't know what colour this would turn out to be - it was a bit mucky when it arrived - the tarnish wouldn't stop coming out!
It will take a while to see what it shaves like though - I'm Movembering and going for a full set too. No shave until December.

Ratty
IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0587.JPG

A Henso / Henkels DE - Chrome head and a brass handle - its absolutely rock solid and has they typical 'safety bar but with open comb teeth' head that Henkels put on their DE razors - if it's anything like the other Henkels I have it'll be nicely aggressive.
I literally didn't know what colour this would turn out to be - it was a bit mucky when it arrived - the tarnish wouldn't stop coming out!
It will take a while to see what it shaves like though - I'm Movembering and going for a full set too. No shave until December.

Ratty
View attachment 15161 View attachment 15162 View attachment 15163 View attachment 15164
That handle has some really heavy duty knurling!,very nice!.Well done mate!.

Back
Top Bottom